Dumbledore

Soon enough, Valentine's Day was just around the corner, and the halls were filled with couples staring at one another adoringly, although it seemed that a few couples were under love potions or something stronger. In any case, Scorpius was as happy as could be, mainly because the winter ball was finally arriving. Albus would have to actually wear dress clothes, and Scorpius was looking forward to it. He'd pestered his boyfriend about it for the weeks leading up to it. The boys would have to take dance lessons with Professor Triton and as a fill in one of the Creative Writing teachers; Professor Rowling.

As it happened to be, Scorpius and Albus were headed to dancing lessons just then. Scorpius was as joyous as could be with the dancing and music around him, and Albus was just bored of it. Dancing wasn't his thing, and socializing wasn't much of a strong point of his either. He would step on toes or accidentally run into a wall, and he had the worst luck with it. What was worse? The fact that he couldn't dance with his boyfriend. They needed to practice with other partners apparently, and so Albus kept having to unwillingly share his boyfriend.

Albus turned the corner, making his way to the dance area, dreading the session already. He sighed, and glanced at Scorpius, who was bouncing on his feet.

"Do I have to go?" He asked as they reached the door.

"Yes, its required. Besides, it can't be as bad as last time."
Scorpius said, grabbing Albus by the arm and dragging him into the room.

-

As the class started, Albus knew it'd be worse than last time. He had Professor Rowling as his instructor, and Scorpius had been sorted into the other group. The worst part was that Albus was the only boy in a handful of girls that for some reason had a crush on him.

    Didn't they know he was taken? He wouldn't go for them anyways, they wore too much makeup for him, whereas he liked the type who wore none, he also liked GUYS, and the girls kept stepping on his feet so he'd look at them.

   Besides, he liked lanky tall blondes with blue eyes and dorky glasses who tripped over their feet. He looked over to see Scorpius being forced to dance with Ryan, one of their only friends from their year, and the two weren't doing so well. Scorpius was tall, so it was hard for Ryan to keep up, with him being half a head shorter than Scorpius.
Albus smiled to himself, and imagined how awkward he and Scorpius would be on the dance floor. It'd be a mess. But that was just one of their things, being awkward and problematic.

    Soon enough the class was over, and Albus was ready to grab Scorpius and drag him out of there. Scorpius was casually talking with some of their other Slytherin friends, and Albus decided he'd just leave on his own. The suit from dress rehearsal was making him itchy, and his tie was suffocating him. He walked out of the class bitter and annoyed.

-

   Albus was on his way to the Library, searching for Nyx, Jinx, and Breanna, when he walked into Albus Dumbledore.

"Oh um, hi Professor Dumbledore, sorry I didn't mean to run into you, uh I'll just be going. . ." Albus awkwardly stuttered. He really didn't know what to think, what with the man of his first name's namesake being alive. Albus really didn't want to discuss the situation with anyone besides Scorpius or Nyx.
Albus was just walking away as Dumbledore called him.

"Albus, come to my office would you? Er, my shared office that is."

Albus had no choice but to follow, as he was vaguely curious as to why Dumbledore wanted to speak with him. Albus passed the corridor heading down to the Slytherin dorms, and he passed many acquaintances staring at him oddly in the halls as he jogged to keep up with Dumbledore. The man may have been older than 100, but he was the fastest walker Albus had ever encountered.