Chapter 11

Harley

Harley silently stared out the window of Joker's sports car, watching the street lights and signs blur by. She tried to make sense of everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. By now she would be declared missing, people would be looking for her. Except Harleen Quinzel ceased to exist, but she gave birth to a far greater insanity than even the Joker hadn't anticipated, or could hope for from the once venerable Dr. Quinzel. But Harley Quinn was very much alive and she was more than ready to give thanks to her "Puddin'".

He taught her how to become someone who could be anything they wanted. She loved flushing away the control. The goals. The regiment of the life she'd had. She was finally free. Free to forget. To play for fun. To play crazy. And to play dumb.

______________________________________________________________

Joker

Joker watched as Harley stared out the windshield. She seemed very deep in thought, which had explained the last three minuets of silence. 

She was gorgeous-in the prison vernacular, high-velocity sex on a stick. She was also as insatiable as she was insane. More than that, Harley Quinn was the kind of psychotic the Joker had always wanted as his pet. Sure, he loved to kill. There were few things he enjoyed more. Actually, there was nothing he enjoyed more. But for Harley, he knew this was only the first act, and she couldn't wait to get to acts two and three, followed by an extended curtain call.

They pulled up near Joker's luxurious apartment building in West Village, Gotham city. The high-rise was only a five minuet drive from the Meatpacking district and over-looked the Hudson River. Mr.J's goons followed in the SUV behind them as they parked in his private underground garage to avoid the lurking eyes of the public. 

Joker stepped out of his car and tossed his keys to one of his men standing guard. They walked toward his personal elevator before he turned to dismiss his gang.

"Boys, this is my lovely lady, Harley Quinn." he introduced, turning around to face the dozen heavily armed thugs.

Harley, who was still in her chemical bleached clothing, waved and gave them all a loony smile.

He wasn't all that surprised that his fellow criminal conspirators stared at her. The question wasn't, who wouldn't stare? The question was, who dared to?

  "You must address her with as much respect as you do myself and take any orders she may give you." he demanded.

"Do I make myself crystal clear?"he asked in a eerie tone.

There was a few grunts of approval as Joker gave the group a wild smile.

"Good..."Joker drawled out as he was about to turn around.

"And, if I catch any of you staring, I'm going to grill your insides, and serve them up as jumbo hot dogs to your mum and dad." he warned with a smirk, clearly marking his territory.

There was a long pause as a few men shuffled uncomfortably and no one made a sound.

"You can go now" he ordered waving a hand toward the group.

"Frost. Razor. You're with me." Joker said as he turned back around.

"Ready, baby?" he asked taking Harley's waist as they entered the elevator.

  ______________________________________________________________ 

Harley 

The four of them got off the lift at the sixty-fourth flour, the penthouse. When the elevator doors opened Harley was in awe. The contemporary apartment had a 360 degree view of the Hudson River and the city, it spanned across the top two floors of the apartment building.