Chapter 24

Harley

"Lotta brains, that guy." Mr.J joked, as they stood near the VIP bar.

Harley squealed in delight as she wiped some of T's blood off her face. She stepped toward Joker and leaning into him for a big kiss, but he pulled back.

"Don't touch me." he growled looking down at her.

What did she do this time?

"This is on you. You know that guy made me a helluva lot a money. We're leaving." he ordered grabbing his suit jacket from his seat.

"Puddin', it's not my fault I make myself look so good for you, other guys can only wish an' stare 'cause they're so jealous." Harley pouted as they walked out the front door of his club.

"I mean you should think of it as them honoring your great taste in babes- and I am your babe, aren't I, honey?" Harley asked turning to look at him.

Joker grabbed her by the arm, and Harley squealed as he dragged her from the club.

"Yeah, you are, but you keep pushing me, and one'a these days you're gonna cross the line, Harley."

"Then what?" she asked nervously as they walked down the sidewalk to his car.

Joker laughed.

"I dunno. We'll draw ourselves a new line, and another, and probably cross them, too"

____________________________________________________

Joker

The clown price of crime stuck his left hand and let several drops of April rain come to rest on his finger. He stared at them, remembering his own childhood, when his and his family played in the rain. Then he licked the rain away.

"Tastes like crap. Just like I remember. Some things don't get better with age." he grumbled turning back to the road in front of him. 

"C'mon Mistah J." Harley protested.

"You're driving like an old man. Pedal to the metal." Harley complained.

Joker growled, switched gears and slammed his foot down harder on the gas. They both laughed together as they swerved around a mini van on the wrong side of the four-lane road.

"So what if we die" he mused before letting out a cackle. 

In seconds they were a slick purple streak slamming through the Gotham City streets as if nothing would ever dare get in his way. Harley thrust her arms out and laughed, but then she noticed Joker wasn't laughing anymore.

"You still cross with me, Mistah J.?" she asked turning to look at him.

Joker snarled at her a pushed the gas pedal closer to the floor of the car.

"Yeah. for all those stringers I had to kill because of you. They were decent, you know. Reliable people. Good men. Loyal men. And they're falling like dominoes."

"Well, maybe you should stop killing them? I'd hate to work for you. Your health plan sucks."

Joker leaned in and barely took the corner. Ahead of him was a local street fair. Too bad.

"Come on, Puddin'! Do it!" Harley encouraged.

He pushed his high-performance Italian machine to as fast as it's 1,224hp, twin turbocharged V8 engine would let him.

Evan as he cannoned toward them, people scattered. He plowed into the barriers, smashed his way through food stands, then turned at the next corner and sped on.