Chapter 18

Joker

Joker's men did his business for him, turning Gotham into a toilet. There was still no one to blame for the attack, so all of Gotham took the hit, hunting down all the men he suspected one-by-one and taking over all gang related turf. But Joker sat in that chair for days a didn't get up. He barely ate and barely slept. 

 Maybe if he had gotten her help instead of trying to escape, Harley would be okay.

She was now hooked up to medical equipment, stolen from Gotham public hospital. Joker ended up putting a bullet though the last doctor, he talked too much. But he did say that she had suffered head trauma and needed to be taken to the hospital. So he brought the hospital to her, he couldn't risk either of them being recognized. 

He woke up sometime in the middle of the night, and stared down at her from his spot at the armchair. He couldn't stand the thought of sleeping next to her in the bed, waking up in the morning only to look over a remember that she might not ever wake up again.  So he slept in the chair waking up every couple of hours to check over her. He watched as her chest rose and fell, the only physical sign that she was still there. She had gone pale, her face drained of her usual glow. He stayed like that staring down at her still beautiful face, until he fell back asleep, still holding her hand.

__________________________________________________________

Harley

She opened her eyes. She was laying on her back, staring up at the royal purple canopy. She tried to move an arm to Joker's side of the bed to see if he was there, but she felt limp, weak, almost unable to move. She felt a sharp pain, she glanced at it and found an IV sticking out of her arm. Her eyes followed the tube up to her left, but her eyes fell on the man slouched in the purple armchair next to her. 

Why was- What happened? The last thing she could remember was- the accident. and-

She took out the IV and tried to use her arms to sit up. Shaking she managed to lean against the headboard. 

"Mr.J'" she tried to say, but it came out quieter than a whisper. 

She reached out a hand and grabbed his limp arm resting on the chair.

"Puddin'" she said a little louder. 

He jolted awake grabbing her wrist, hard. His eyes wide, before he realized what was going on.

"Harley" he grumbled, letting go of her wrist and bringing his hand up to her cheek.

"Puddin' I-I don't understand. Wh-what-"

"You came back to me, Harls." Joker said before kissing her hard on the lips.

"Ya' came back to me."

***

It had been three days since Harley woke up from her coma. With each day that past she felt more and more like herself. Her wounds turned to scars and her bruises where almost gone. Tonight would be her first night out since the accident, Joker was taking her to one of his new clubs called "The Loco". 

Mr.J parked outside in his Lamborghini and they entered the small club, followed by a dozen of his men. He wasn't going to take any chances now that someone with power was clearly after him. 

Joker held onto her waist as they walked up to the VIP room. As soon as they had a few drinks Harley found herself down on the dance floor while Mr.J downed a few more shots.

 She had found out fairly quickly that Mr.J didn't dance. One night, before the accident, she had pushed him too far asking him to come dance with her and he made them leave early. So she learned to enjoy dancing by herself.