Chapter 1

~When They Fall~

Within a dark forest, surrounded by shadows sat a young boy. He looked roughly seventeen at most, his features unusual. His clothes were a faded green tunic, the armor beneath showing through the mostly ripped and tattered fabric.

He had dark brown boots, filthy and well worn. Almost everything he wore, worn down. Shining silver hair curtained his face, hissing teared up ruby red eyes, the youth curled against one of the many trees of this forsaken forest.

He looked lost, pained, and just defeated.

Clutching his legs more tightly, holding them closer to himself he grimaced. (Why did this happen...Why win the long fight if you're cursed afterward. A hero for what? When I'm here lost forever in the end.)

Rocking forward, silver hair further obstructed his vision, catching his attention. He reached out his hand to grasp them, slipping his fingers through with a look of utter bafflement. (How did my hair turn silver? Even my eyes have changed... Is it because of where I am?)

He let his hand drop, his arms moving to wrap around his legs as he curled up into a tighter ball. (I just wish I was home...And that this was all over)

~Flash back~

"Link!" A soft voice echoed, a young girl of blonde running to another, a boy of similar colors standing in the midst of what was once a sealing ground.

Upon the shout of his name, he twitched up, blue eyes gazing at the young girl who screamed to him.

The reincarnated goddess.

Her smile was bright, her face a lantern in the dark. She looked at him with pride and joy as she continued to run, not stopping until she tackled him back a few steps and pulled him into a tight hug.

Zelda, "you did it." She breathed out, all of her relief flowing out.

Link smiled as he gazed down at his childhood friend. (It's all over.) He thought, barely saying it under his breath for only he to hear.

"Good job boy."

Another said, not of the too embracing but someone else. A third party they nearly forgot.

The two turned around to look at who had said that, met with a tall thinner woman of dark skin and odd blond hair. She was smiling softly at the two, her appearance less stern compared to the time the boy first met her. "You did very well Link. Thank you." She added.

Zelda, still within Link's arm brightened dramatically at the sight of the older woman. Her past Guardian. "Impa!" She exclaimed as she ran to the other.

Giggling, Zelda grabbed her guardians hands, pulling them close as she swayed them. "I'm so glad you are ok too, Impa."

Impa smiled back, but this time, sorrow filled it. "Yes... I am."

Zelda looked to her puzzled. "Why so sad? We can go back to our time period. We can go home together... right?"

Impa shook her head grief flooding her face. "Yes. You can go back to your time period, but I will stay in mine."