Chapter 2

~Lost hope~

Red eyes scan around the forest, white hair sweeping back and forth across his shoulders as he sat. The cool breeze was welcoming, the rustling leaves tickling the back of his neck.

Link kicked his feet off, back and forth as he hummed, looking down below the branch he sat upon. It had been fairly quiet since he had snapped. He was not quite sure how he felt about that time. It was like a release. He did not kill any of his attackers that time, and it seemed to work. But for how long?

A voice was heard from the distance. Pausing a moment, he thought over the sound, listening silently when he heard it again.

Brows knitted, Link leaped down from his perch the wind rushing by much like every jump he ever made from massive heights. The feel of diving down.

Flipping towards the end, his feet tapped the ground as he landed on the tips of his toes. He twirls his sword in his hand, a blade he confiscated from one of his many attackers as he approaches the noise.

Reaching a forest clearing, he saw what created the sound, a young woman and her child passing by the following path. One of the many he had seen within the forest.

A simple family walking by. Or so they tried to make it seem. But the two looked off. Sheathing his sword, Link rested his weight against one of the nearby trees and watched the two silently.

Link, (they are not here for anything other than to lure me out) He rationalized.

The woman's child began to weep now, his scared whimpers making the once hero frown.

Watching the two, Link ghouls see the shivering of both, smell the fear. He watched the two for long moments. Studying their appearance and other things.

The boy, probably the larger creatures son, he had a birdish appearance much similar to the parent. His mother most likely. He had black feathery scales covering his whole body, flashing a deep green when the dim light hit it. The mother, a light blue or shimmering lime green.

He watched as the woman scooped down to gently caress her son's face. He heard her coo softly, comforting her child saying, "everything will be fine."

Link sighed, head falling back as he looked up, aspirated. (They want me so bad that, it's to the point of sacrificing their own... Do they not realize it is only them who hunts me? I could care less about them... If they just keep their distance I would keep mine... But they keep insisting that I want to kill them all.)

Link turned away, planning to leave. But, then, the child's cries grew, a desperate/ scared nature to them.

The cries pulled at something, something he had chosen to forget the longer he stood within this world.

(To protect the weak... No matter what)

A voice said from within, and before he knew it, his feet begun to drag him back and to the mother and her kid.

Moving as quick as he was able, Link pulled one under each arm before they could even register and sprinted out.

Multiple voices screamed and shouted from behind, coming from what sounded to be the men who plotted this. His hunters.