Chapter One ⚜️ Memories

Chapter One

7 years ago is when it all started. The night of my family's murder. For years I heard the whispers, the rumours. I have been asked countless times, who did you lose? What made you so cold? Many hunters have lost a loved one to a werewolf, but me? I lost everyone. I remember it like it was yesterday.

*7 YEARS EARLIER*

If someone said to me, today your whole family is going to die, I would have never believed them.  But it started as a normal day...

The sun rose in the east, shining in the crisp hours of the morning, after a long cold night the daybreak brought glimmers of warmth. The golden hues of light softly danced the land and ignited the birds into a chorus of melodies. the leaves rustling and the sun shining...it was almost too perfect of a morning. I scramble out of my bed, to get ready for school, very drowsy and disorientated at 6 in the morning. Pulling on my undergarments, a warm sweater, some jeans and boots, I walk into the en-suite bathroom to make myself look alive. Washing my face with cold water, feeling the shock to my body, I feel more ready for the day! I run downstairs and make myself a cup of coffee, the aroma of coffee filling my bones, oh I do love that! I walk out onto the porch, watching the sun rise. As dawn broke over the horizon, a delicate orange poured out of the sun and across the horizon. The sky turned an ambient red, soft and pure. The soft clouds were every shade from the palest of pinks to the deepest of crimsons. I saw the beauty of the world in that one moment, with nothing but the tranquillity of nature to surround me. What I never knew, was that this was only a facade, an illusion from the truth. The beauty of the world only hides what is ugly beneath.

I slowly sip the scalding coffee, relishing in the warmth it provides me in the sharp chill of the morning. I sit their for what felt like eternity before I forced my body to go inside. As the warm air envelops my body, I make my way to the kitchen and I decide to grab an apple and place my empty coffee cup in the sink. Sprinting up the stairs, the house becomes alive as my family awakes from there slumbers. Family.

I walk over to Amelia's room, and peek my head inside. I see her 11 year old body curled up under the sheets. I creep my way across the room, and jump on her bed screaming and giggling "Wake up! Wake up! Rise and shine sleepy head we have school in an hour and its your first day!" like the innocent 13 year old girl I was.

"Mhmhmmhm Tamora bugger off I need my beauty sleep!" She growled, with hints of sleepish slugger in her tone.

"If you dont get up now, I will make you!" I laughed, full of energy.

"I'd like to see you try..." She mumbled before falling back into the realms of her mind.

Laughing evilly to myself, I walk over to her bathroom and fill up a bucket with ice cold water. Mentally preparing myself for this dangerous task, I walk back into her room and throw the water all over her.

"Aaaaaaahhhhh!" She wails, turning to look at me with fury in her eyes. Her matted hair sticks to her and she wails like a walrus before she promises pay back.

We both break into fits of giggles, before I walk out the room and back to mine. I grab my school equipment, cramming it all into my school bag, I head over to the makeup draw, adding a sharp eyeliner with flick, a touch of foundation to cover over the blemishes and a quick brush of my jet black hair. I gaze into the pools of my icy blue eyes, and I glance at myself in the mirror, I turn and leave the room, heading downstairs to greet my parents and get a lift with Amelia to Newton High.

I hear her before I see her, Amelia walks in the room making herself well known, with her wavy brown hair and icy blue eyes, we are almost so similar, but we are so far apart. I got the jet black straight hair from my Father, and we both inherited the icy blue eyes from my Mother. My Mother has gorgeous brown locks, which cascade down her back, just like Amelia. My Mother, Sarah Killian, she has an ethereal presence, she is my rock, and my Father, Sean Killian, he is our protector, the one who shielded us from the other world for so many years.