Chapter Eight ⚜️ Run Like Hell

Chapter Eight

I dreamt of her body falling. As the blood splattered, as the bullet entered her chest. As I tackled her off the banister. Punches after punches. I relived the whole experience. How I was thrown out the window by the man with golden eyes...

Golden eyes? Golden eyes...

In that one second, I remember everything in flashes.

Fight. Car. Escape. Woods. Alpha. Shooting. Bleeding. Dying.

Mate.

I take a massive gasp of air and my body lurches forward and I feel a searing pain all over my body. I let out a silent scream of pain as my body throbs with pain, bleeding with anger. I feel so disorientated, my head swimming like a ferocious whirlpool. Light shoots in from windows all around me into my eyes and I groan in annoyance, where am I? I go to shield my eyes with my hand, but I am met with resistance. I turn and look down, seeing a thick metal chain attaching me to this thin metal bed. I tug and I tug, and I shake the chain but to no avail. I am still here. Where the hell is here?

Regardless of my swimming head and my throbbing body, I take a moment to observe my surroundings. I see glass pane windows to my left, and a plain wooden door to my right. I have a bed side table, with nothing on it. The room is a dull white, very hospital like. Is that where I am? Some hospital? Wait. Where are my clothes? I look down and I see I am only in my undergarments, and I am wrapped in bandages almost head to toe. Who on earth changed me?

The werewolves.

The last thing I remember was him; the Alpha. I was with the ALPHA. I must be at the pack house. I need to escape. How? My throat aches for water. I feel dry. Parched, like I have travelled across the desert in the searing sun. How long was I out for? Hours? Days? I feel so weak and so drained. I am sat here chained to a hospital like bed, with light blaring in my eyes, no water, I am practically naked, and to top it all off.

I need a wee.

What did you expect? I've been out for god knows how long. Screw this, I am getting out of here one way or another. I swing my legs out of bed and sit on the corner of the bed. The bedpost that i'm attached too is wooden, so hopefully I'll be able to break it.

*5 minutes later*

"ARGHHHHHHH" I yell out in frustration as I give it another tug. Currently I am moving the whole bed, not what I planned obviously. How the hell am I going to escape with a bed attached to my arm? I crawl on the wooden floor, dragging the bed behind me, with many grunts. I head over to the door with the bed in tow, and reach up and grab the door knob, successfully opening the door. Finally, now to do list!

1. Pee.
2. Get this damn bed unattached from me.
3. Grab some clothes.
4. Run like hell.

Plan? Plan. With my mind set on these 4 goals, I heave the bed out of the door, making some explainable sounds and set off in search off the bathroom. How have they not heard me yet? Unless I've been out for so long...and they thought... Hey? She is still out cold, let's go out on a run for ages! Not likely, but I hope so. I have no idea how I would fend off a werewolf with a bed, I mean, that was one thing I was not trained in. How to use your bed as a weapon.

How the hell could I forget where that damned bathroom is? I was here only days ago killing Jenn! With another grunt, I keep walking down the corridor, opening door after door, looking for the bathroom. I charge onwards, determination fuelling my every move. I open the next door and I hit the jackpot. I finally found the bathroom.

After awkwardly relieving myself, and attempting to get the bed in the bathroom, I search with my free hand for anything to pick the lock with. I open the cabinet doors in the bathroom, wiping it clean looking for anything. Toothbrush...nope. Soap? nope. Come on, come on please just give me something! I almost let out a scream of frustration when I found a old toothpick. Feeling glee, I almost do a mini dance of happiness. Jesus what is happening to me?