Chapter Ten ⚜️ Pain

Chapter Ten

His words ring in my head, they play over and over in my mind like a merry go round. My head swims with anxiety, an emotion I have not experienced in a long time. I feel panicked. It cannot be possible. Would fate really do this to me? Would they have me turn on everything I know, all I have ever been taught. The one thing I have been taught not too do. The one thing that can compromise a mission, make you turn your back. I am sat here, in a dull room lying on the bed, with my stomach in knots. My skin red raw, and the pain swirling,so strong, I feel sick almost. He asks me of this?

To love?

*** Hours earlier ***

I knew it would be no point fighting back. With the Beta arising from his 'nap' which I put him in, the Alpha who is shaking with anger and a pissed off hunter, I know I would have no chance. I take pride in my skills, but it seems recently I have been overwhelmed. My mind keeps reeling back to the Alpha they call Link. The 6ft something brunette with gorgeous swept back hair, a strong body and a dominating presence. My mind thumps with confusion, why is it him? Why is he always there now in the back of my mind? And why do I keep saying gorgeous?

The Beta; Jack blocks the exit to the side of the kitchen, with his face covered in dried blood and Jenn and Link block the exit to the Foyer, meaning I am trapped in the corner of the kitchen but at least my stomach isn't rumbling like a hornets nest. Throwing any reason I have left out of the window, I drudge over to the kitchen table, well aware of the sets of eyes following my every move. Sitting down at the head of the table, my exhausted body almost droops from the chair. All this running around really gets me tired, I seriously need a proper bed to sleep and get back into action because right now I bet I look as pathetic as I feel.

The long wooden table fits in perfectly with the earthy feel to this room. A selection of exotic plants are placed around the kitchen/dining room merged together, a cream and wooden kitchen, along with dark and light green walls, contrasting the ethereal white. A calming feeling this room gives, one of solitude. Such a shame it is filled with broken shards of wood and a dented fridge, and blood staining the wooden floor. That's going to be a pain in the ass to get out of the floor. After admiring the kitchen, regardless of the fight I turn too look at the other 3, "Well are you going to sit down? I may be a cold hearted bitch, but I know how to talk."

After the shuffling of feet could be heard, they all cautiously sit at the other end of the table, tension thicker than blood. Ironic really, even though we are all sat down, I am still alone. I guess that is the way life must be, and the path it has played out for me. Am I destined to always be alone? To reign in the shadows? To never come to light? I shake my head, my hair flipping around and tickling my face. Jesus I stink. I haven't showered for god knows how long and I am covered in grime, blood and sin. I need a shower, a bed and some sleep.

This whole time I have been subconsciously talking to myself, sets of eyes bore into my soul. They are venomous, relentlessness in the battle of spirit and will. They try to break down every barrier I put up, the stone wall I have placed around me. All in the space of minutes of silence. No-one wants to be the one to talk, to cut the knife through the thickening air.

Tick tock, the clock chimes. It dangles horizontally on the wall. Tick tock, the sound deafening the room. Tick tock, the time has come to face what you have become.

I look into their eyes, seeing pain, anger, sorrow. How can they be so open with their emotions? It...confuses me. They are strong, but they are vulnerable. The enemy can use that against you. If you have weaknesses, it means you can be exploited. I have no weaknesses. I have no-one.

"Why?" Jenn mumbles, "Why would you do this? Why have you become so cold? You were a sister to me, you tried to take my happiness away, which took me so long to finally have again!" Shouting at the end of it, nearly raising in her seat.