Chapter Fifteen ⚜️ Awakening

Chapter Fifteen

Already my heart beats like a drum. The 'thud thud thud' could be heard as I start panicking. I am not ready to meet the parents! I am only now starting to tolerate a wolf's presence, there dominating, aggressive and especially with primitive values. I walk into something or I do anything dangerous when I am not training I get a ruckus of "are you okay?" "do you need to sit?" "I can carry you to your room?" Yes im fine, , no I do not need to sit and definitely do not need to be carried.

Do I look like someone that needs to be carried to my room if I bang my hip on the corner of a worktop? I've been shot, stabbed and tortured, god forbid I ever bang my hip. Bloody werewolves and their archaic attitudes. Link better calm his Alpha ass down, I am no fragile doll. I've had Clary say, "Oh he is going to be more possessive as you are a Alpha's mate and overprotective!" I get it, having a man be protective can be adorable and gush worthy to some girls, but to the point where it gets controlling? Nope. They say a Luna and a Alpha must be equal, he better start damn treating me like it before things get a little...heated, especially now that the parents are here...

I pace my room as I start to feel my body getting anxious. Come on Tamora grab a hold on your emotions! I take a deep breath and get changed, slipping on my black jeans and tank top and some boots, I close the book and take a gulp of water. I weave my fingers through my hair, exiting the room. I stride down the corridor to the plush stairs, the murmur of voices coming from the living room. I reach the bottom of the stairs but instead I turn and head down the path to the training room. I turn the wheel and push forwards as slowly and quietly as possible. I quietly run over and grab 2 curved daggers and sheaths for them both, slipping them into the inside of my waist band. I cover them with my tank top, slipping back out of the room.

Shutting the door silently, I walk out to where everyone is talking and laughing. I stop by the door to the living room which is wide open and listen in on their conversation,

"--ve her mum, she is a tough nut to crack. She has been here a few weeks and she still doesn't trust us. She is also human like you; Mum she reminds me a lot of you! Strong, fierce and determined."

"Aw baby! I can't wait to meet her! Where is she?" A soft voice could be heard, strangely familiar.

"She is just upstairs reading, she is searching for who killed her family..." His voice broke at the end.

"That poor girl! No wonder she hasn't been opening up, she has obviously been through a lot. My heart breaks for her!"

I sigh as my head swims, and a male voice breaks the silence.

"Son go and get her, let's meet the future Luna." His voice sharp and dominating.

"She isn't ready Dad, she still isn't used to werewolves. She just about tolerates our presence, as it was werewolves that killed her family. She was raised by the hunters to enact revenge, just like Jenn was."

Jack agrees and Clary chirps in as the painful memories keep resurfacing.

"She is delicate. I've seen the soft side to her and already I see her as a big sister to me. I just want her to get closure so we can all be one big happy family!" I smile at this, her innocence and naivety shining through.

It is hard being here, I see that and know that. I however, I am trying. It is hard, going from a life of hatred and violence, to this. I see this as an opportunity to focus on myself and to get justice for what happened to my family all those years ago. I erect my back off the wall and I steel myself, before a young man comes rushing in screaming from the front door,

"ROGUES, ALPHA THERE IS ROGUES ON THE WESTERN BORDERS!"

Before there is any movement from anyone, I am sprinting out the door, another leaf in the wind. My hair whips around my face as I run on the western path towards the forest, the shocked and scared looks on pack members as I glide in between them. Of course they would be shocked, they just saw a unknown woman running like hell in pack lands who is human...