Chapter Eleven ⚜️ Fire

Chapter Eleven

I didn't sleep that night. Everything that happened the day before echoed around my head, making me re-live every moment before. After the shower I returned to the room I was kept in and crashed in the bed. For that whole night, I tossed and turned without a moment of rest. My mind thumps from the outbreak of emotions and all the things that were said to me. However there was one thing that rooted itself in the very core of my soul. Mate.

What Link said to me makes my body feel cold, but a fire has ignited in my stomach that has not stopped burning. Every time I move, no matter what I do it keeps burning. It makes me feel sick. The feeling tears my insides out, gnawing away like the fire is being caged in waiting to blossom into a ferocious eruption.

The night is silent, not a sound could be heard. I lost track of time hours ago. All I know is that everyone is sound asleep in the house, leaving me lost and very uncomfortable. Why haven't I escaped yet? Oh yeah how could I forget. I was warned not so many hours ago.

***

I went to get food last night, but I had an unexpected encounter. The Beta cornered me in the kitchen, managing to get the jump on me. Before I could react, he had his hand around my throat and pinned me up against the wall, his eyes glowing full of anger and resentment. I was rendered helpless, as my eyes bulged from my face from the lack of oxygen. I scraped at his arms, dragging my nails to try and make him stop. He leaned in, his breath fanning my ear "Do not think this is finished. If you leave, I will hunt you down. I will drag you back by your feet and throw you in the dungeons myself; you deserve much worse than that. Either you stay willingly, or I will force you too."

There are few times where I felt fear, genuine fear. That was one of the few times. I looked into his eyes, his glowing eyes that struck straight into my soul, taking all of my air with it. I saw the fury in his eyes. Black dots started to appear in my vision as I felt the last of my fight leaving me and I was thrown back against the wall and his arm retracted. I slid down the wall onto my hands and knees as I inhaled as much air as I could in gulps. My vision started to clear and tears formed in my eyes; it still feels like I was being choked. Do I ever get a break?

His footsteps receded in my peripheral and I stood back up, ignoring what happened and attempting to put it to the back of my mind. Those words swirled in my mind because I know it's true. You deserve much worse. I do.

After I was able to get the food and drink, I sat at the table staring outside. Wanting, wishing to just run away and get away from all the drama. This time everything is stacked against me meaning I have no choice but to stand and fight against all of this. It's all I can do this time. I was hoping HQ would of sent someone by now, but I only had to go and tell them the mission was complete and that I was going off the radar meaning...im on my own. This was only minutes before I was taken hostage by these mutts, thrown around like a rag doll and having to fight everyone and anyone to get these few minutes of silence.

I retreated to the room, hence me not saying 'my room', which meant I would be claiming it as mine and I refuse to have anything to do so with these wolves. I slipped into bed, the burning only ever intensifying. It is as if the fire keeps me awake, giving me endless amounts of energy.

God knows what time it is in the morning, but the sun has still not risen so it must be very late. However, I would still not be able to escape as the territory is probably now on full lock down and I will not be able to get any further than I did last time. Probably even less at this rate. At least the wolves had the decency to hand me all my clothing and luggage, apart from the weapons of course. I have no idea where my car is, all I know is it is in need of serious repairs as it has been damaged from my fight with the Alpha.