Chapter Seven ⚜️ Greetings

Chapter Seven

I hiss in pain as I stitch up the last cut on my body. My body is littered in cuts and bruises and my sink is covered in blood. I feel drowsy from the blood loss, with my head pounding. I take a swig of the vodka I used too sterilise the wounds, feeling the burning in my throat. I look into the mirror, feeling just pure hate and anger. I punch the mirror, shattering it to pieces around me. I slide down the wall and I scream out loud, a scream filled with anguish, pain, regret. No matter how cold I am, I still feel. I just killed the closest thing I had to ever having a sister. This will haunt me until I die, I know it. It felt wrong.

I need to leave town, I need to escape from here and go. Away from this hell, away from everything. Take some time off, get some solitude, away from the horrors of this world; the supernatural world. I can't take on any more missions yet, not when I have so much to figure out, to get myself in order before returning.

With a deep breath, I close my eyes and exhale. I get myself up, my body aching from the fight and walk out the bathroom into the bedroom. I pull out a duffel bag from underneath the bed and my suitcase. I load everything I have into the 2 bags, filling them to the brim with weapons and my gear.

I get changed into my civilian outfit, just a pair of black jeans, white tee and a pair of boots. I shut off all the lights and exit the bedroom with a slam of the door behind me. Walking out into the living room, I take a look around to make sure I have everything. I stride out to the door, grabbing my keys and leather jacket, shutting down the apartment. I don't have long before the werewolves come after me and I need to get out as fast as possible. My hair dances around my shoulders, the one thing left of my old self. My jet black hair, as dark as night itself.

I slip on my shades and leave the apartment, leaving this town behind; for good. I walk down the complex stairs dragging my equipment behind me with many huffs. My body is sore, beaten and bruised and I have not given myself a second to rest.

I walk out into the chill of the autumn evening and the sun has descended into the horizon. The fiery orb dips below the line, sending a vast array of oranges and reds intertwining across the sky. The white clouds seems so thin, frail. Such a dramatic change from the storm hours ago. I refocus and head over to my car, throwing my bags in the boot and sliding into the seat.

Taking a deep agonising breath and start her up, throwing it in reverse and driving out into the road. The roads seem a little busy today, must be when everyone is leaving work I guess. Dammit, it's going to take longer than I thought. I shift into a lower gear and go at a steady pace, the car rumbling and growling, aching to go faster. Me too baby. Me too.

It seems endless eternity by the time I get out of town and onto the outskirts of town, too long. The sunset what seems hours ago, leaving the night too plunge the town into darkness. I shift into a higher gear and speed out of town, wanting to escape as soon as possible. The one problem? I have to drive out of the way I came in...the same way the werewolves road is.

My car cuts the silence in half, the echo of the engine ripping through the night. I feel so tired and rundown, my wounds are weighing me down, but my body burns with fire. I see the outskirts of the forest and take a calming breath, I put my foot on the accelerator and shoot into the forest with fury. The trees fly past me in a blur, and I let out a giddy laugh, I did it.

I thought I did.

A menacing shadow forms a line in front of me. A Omniscient shadow block the road, I slam on the breaks and my car leans to the left from the force of the stop. I see the golden eyes glowing in the darkness. The same eyes from earlier. The Alpha is blocking me from escape. I check my rear view mirror and see 3 more sets of eyes on the road. I am surrounded. I mutter some curse words under my breath before I hear him shout with a deep growl, almost as vicious as my car...always my luck it seems.