Chapter Sixteen ⚜️ Truth

Chapter Sixteen

Through hazy eyes I see silhouettes like the shadows I fought and I feel my body being shaken and I hear my name being said.

"--mora. Tamora!" A deep voice rings before my eyes closed and I am taken into the darkness once more.

I am immersed in complete darkness and silence, but my body this time gives off a ethereal glow. I still wear the same as I did when I was fighting the rogues yet a ethereal aura elongates from me, a soft glow radiating the darkness. This has never happened before? What is happening to me?

The same familiar voice rings through the darkness, without a shape and without any emotion. The force of the voice makes me stumble back as my breath is taken away from it.

Fate.

"We meet again Tamora, yet this time it is different. Is it not?"

"Yes it is different! What is happening to me?" I question.

"We have only awoken what was dormant inside you." The voice booms.

I swivel around trying to get a direction of the voice but I can't determine where it is coming from as it echoes all around me.

"How? What am I?"

"Do you remember your last meeting with us? You felt the power did you not?"

"I-I, yes? You mean that bright white light?" I say, confusion tainting my voice.

"Yes my dear" A softer voice said. Is there more than one 'fate'?

"I did feel power, is that why I am glowing now? How am I here? What happened? How did you do that?"

"Why you ask? As we saw it was deemed fit. We merely evened the scales, creating balance once more. You had your first real test of power, but you overexerted yourself. After you used your power, you subconsciously travelled here" A pause could be heard before the soft voice continued, "how you do that is a puzzle to us, yet we know you are the key to either destruction or salvation. The prophecy does not lie, as we have all foreseen it. You are the key to lightness or darkness descending onto your world. Find answers my dear, it's time to become your true self."

This time there was no bright light. The voice of the Fates faded into the background as I heard the beeping of a machine blaring into my ears and my eyes slowly opened. The first thing I do is take a deep breath in, my throat tickling from the lack of water. The room is mostly dark and I see a hunched figure in the corner. Illuminated by the twilight, I see his hair, messy and unkempt and his figure softly rising up and down. I feel drained and the beeping of the machine is constantly hammering away. I drag by tired body across and switch the machine off, the beeping fading until nothing but the sound of night could be heard.

I stretch my body as I hear the popping of bones all over my body. I sigh and close my eyes, rubbing away the sleep and running my fingers through my hair. I spot a glass of water on the bedside table and reach for it. The cool water reliefs my throat from being so parched and I moan in contempt.

How long have I been out? What has happened to me? What was dormant inside me? The prophecy rings through my mind, playing like a cassette recorder on repeat,