Chapter Seventeen ⚜️ Ice

Chapter Seventeen

Nephilim? The hell is that?

I sit in complete silence as the word rings around my head multiple times to try and get a sense of what it could mean.

Like a tidal wave, the shock hits me full force. My head swims as I get overloaded on this new information, digging up the past is always going to be painful. As every memory is so deep rooted, it is like being stabbed over and over again, no remorse. I lower my head, looking away from the peering eyes that look over at me in pity and sadness. I didn't need that then when I lost my family, I definitely do not need it now, especially from you all.

I shrug off Link's shoulder, not wanting to have any contact with him, as of right now I need to be alone. Yet, a better part of me wants to tell them what I know. What I need to do...

"There is something I am not telling you all, something that is going to change all of our lives, drastically." I say, causing everyone to perk up. Blow after blow, the truth comes out in brutal hits that everyone in this room will feel full affect of...

"I-I, I have been having dreams. More like, astral projections. I somehow have managed to talk to beings called the fa---" I start to say before Jenn cuts me off.

"Oh here we go, as if the crazy girl can't get anymore psycho!" She bellows, sarcasm laced in her voice. It causes a tinge of anger and now I realise they don't need to know, only one thing left to tell them I guess...

"I need to leave. This place, I need to leave."

A torrent of anger rushes at me as chairs go scraping back as voices of anger bellow all around me.

"You are not leaving! You can't do this to me! You are like my sister already!" I'm sorry Clary.

"I warned you, you are not leaving!" Piss off Jack.

"You don't understand. The things I have been muttering? I have been warned by Fate themselves! They are more powerful than than any of us. I can see that now. They gave me a prophecy, one I need to full fill. You don't understand. None of you do!" I take a breath, steeling myself for what I am going to say next...

"I am leaving because I am not going to let some mutts stand in my way on reaching justice. For my DEAD FAMILY! I don't care what you say or do, I am leaving and there is nothing you can do about it!"

"NO! YOU ARE MINE!"

What do I say to that? I sit there as it is just me and Link's parents remaining who are still relatively cool and temper under control, sitting perched at the oak table. Jack and Jenn have stormed off to the other side of the kitchen, where they seem to be having a heated discussion. Clary has ran out of the room, leaving nothing but tears and dust in her wake. I sigh heavily, I've made up my mind.

Link is now growling uncontrollably, Jenn and Jack are now screaming at each for some unbeknown reason, Ruth and Sam are sitting patiently, muttering between themselves as. I stare into space, blocking out the annoying wolf who is pacing up and down to my right, claws and fangs extending out as his back starts to crack. Crap, he is shifting.

Here we go. He partially shifts and his wolf takes over. Within seconds he is looking at me with so much anger that I flinch away, a fire in my stomach blossoms in reaction. He charges at me and grips me hard on the wrist as he lifts up my whole body with one arm and slams me into the wall behind, the wall denting with the force. He growls and my heart tells me to back away and submit but my training tells me to defend myself. The fire that blossomed in my stomach now spreads over my whole body, giving me what feels like unlimited unnatural strength.