the one with the list

Author's Note: Guys!! So, I made The Bucket List (the one shot from Into You) into a full fic so ito na yun!! I'm really excited and nervous about this kasi I really want you guys to enjoy this. If ever may mali with places and such, you can leave a comment or tweet me @fymaichard. But I made it a point na tama yung research ko. Hahahaha. Updates for this will be every weekends (werk, werk, werk ang lola niyo). Sana talaga maenjoy niyo!

Thank you to tidorareacts for beta reading!! 😊

**edit: I re-edited the interstate part on the list, making it to only one interstate since I think it's hard to pass by 3 interstates according to my research. Hahahaha! The route in this story is from California to New York so if someone who's in the US reads this, please let me know if the 3 interstates is still possible. You can send me a dm here or at my twitter, I'm @fymaichard. Thank you so much!

________

August 2005

"Nicomaine! Ang tagal mo namang maligo bilisan mo na! May basketball practice pa ko!"

RJ has been pestering Maine to come with him to his basketball practice, much to the latter's dismay. Maine hates waiting, he knows that. Pero ito lang ang naisip niyang isama since may isang sophomore na nanggugulo sa kanya kada may practice siya.

"Oo na, saglit na lang!"

"Halos isang oras ka na kaya diyan sa banyo!"

"Manahimik ka nga, Ricardo! You only asked me to come with you an hour ago. Alam mong matagal akong maligo kaya magtiis ka!"

He groaned in frustration. More or less an hour talaga kung maligo si Maine kaya kapag inaaya niya ito o ng ibang mga kaibigan nila, give her at least 2 hours to prepare.

Matagal na silang magkaibigan ni Maine. When they transferred to the neighborhood, si Maine ang unang nakipag-usap sa kanya. He was a shy boy back then, pero nagsawa na siyang maglaro ng mga action figures niya sa kwarto kaya naman ng naisipan niyang lumabas para maglaro. But he was bullied by the bigger kids because of his stature. Matangkad kasi siya na payat, patpatin pa nga ang tawag sa kanya. Then Maine came in to somehow rescue him, one time he was being bullied by that bigger kid. Nilapitan ito ni Maine at binantaan, telling him to back off since wala namang ginagawa si RJ rito. Umalis naman ang bata at pinabayaan si RJ. He said his thanks and they started talking... and talking... and talking.. They became bestfriends since then.

"RJ! Nandiyan na nga pala yung physics report natin, natapos ko na kahapon. Please check it while I brush my teeth bilis!"

Oo nga pala, he said to himself, we have that physics report due next week. He went to her study table to look for it. Sa gulo ng mga gamit ni Maine, mukhang aabutin siya ng maghapon para lang hanapin yung physics report nila.

But something caught his eye, a yellow scented paper above her journal. Yung yellow scented paper na binigay niya kay Maine a few months ago. Alam niyang hindi ito ginagamit ni Maine unless it's important. It was crumpled, halatang tinapon na pero pinulot ulit. Kinuha niya ito at binasa.

The Bucket List.

It was her bucket list. It has 10 agendas, all of it needs to be done in the US.

a. Explore the Hawaiian Islands
b. Take a selfie at the Northern & Southern part of the US.
c. Watch the Alaskan Northern Lights
d. Go to Disneyland
e. Watch a Coldplay concert
f. Be in four states at once
g. Pass by an interstate
h. Visit 10 US landmarks
i. Sit and eat at the restaurant where Harry met Sally
j. Spend New Year's Eve at Times Square