The dinner

Ray's POV

I'm so nervous. Why couldn't it be a normal date but a dinner and even worse, with her family.

It's almost 9:45 PM. I pick a lighten brown shirt and tight black jeans. Or should I wear a casual. Nah I think I should wear something comfortable. I get a text from Selena.

"Hey, they didn't go to that seminar. I told them U are invited for dinner. We're almost ready. See ya @ 9 xx"

Great! They didn't even go there. I get out and get in a car waving at my neighbor next door. She's Debbie. Nice girl.

I arrive quickly at her house. I'm more nervous right now. I walk towards the door and ring the bell.

Her mom opens the door. And she looks so weirdy surprised when she sees me smiling and my face full of scars.

She smiles and opes the door.

"Hey Ray!"

"Hello ma'm."

"You can call me Sarah."

I get inside. Sarah closes the door and shows me where the dining room is.

I see her run at me and giving me a small hug. The table is full of food.

Selly introduces me to her siblings.

She tells them "So guys. This is Ray. He's my best friend. Okay, be nice to him. Ray, this is Emma she's 10 and this is Jeremiah, he's 4."

I wave at them "Hello." Jeremiah is such a cute kid.

Selena comes back to me. I tell her in a quiet voice.

"I forgot about your siblings. I would have brought them some snacks or something .."

"Ow don't worry honey they don't deserve it." She interrupts me.

Her dad shows up! "Hello son."

"Hi ..."

"David.." he reminds me.

"Yeah, we've met before."

Selena's POV

We sit down and I say the grace.

We start eating the Russian Salad and I see he's really enjoying it.

Mom: "So Ray, we really appreciate you for bringing Selena home that day."

Ray: "It was nothing. Don't worry I didn't do anything that someone wouldn't.

He's being modest.

Dad: "So, where are you Ray. By your scent I can tell you're not British."

Ray: "Yeah you're right. I'm Albanian actually. Me and my family moved here in 97 because of the civil war."

Mom: "Ow honey that must have been hard."

Ray: "Yeah it was in the beginning."

My dad is starting to like him, he likes serious and grown up people.

Mom: "I don't want to remind you of anything bad but what with the scars on your face baby?"

There she goes. He gives me a little 'fear' look.

Dad: "Cmon Sarah, boys are going to be boys."

Ray responds quickly. "No it ain't like that. Mm .. three guys beated me up one night and took all the money I had."

Mom: "That's terrible! Oh my god."

Ray: "It's nothing to worry about. I'm fully recovered."

We continue eating. It's going really nice. I like this. It's time for me to ask a question now but I don't know what.

Me: "You know, I've always wanted to ask you this. Do you do any sports? Because you don't go to the gym, you don't go running but you're pretty fit for someone that eats this much and always drive" i chuckle.

He chuckles too. "Yeah I used to play soccer till 4 weeks ago."

Dad: "For real?? I'm a physical education teacher and I'm really interested in young soccer talents. What role do you play?"

He replies in a happy cute voice "Striker sir."

Dad: "Can I call you sometime. I need someone who's good with the ball to demonstrate something to my school soccer team. They're really bad."

Ray: "Yeah. Sure. Selena got the number."

We continue eating till we finish. I think it's time for him to leave but my mom gets up and ...

"Pizza timeeee!"

"Kawabanga!" Ray says and everyone start to laugh.

Jeremiah was watching TV but I don't know why he went and hugged Ray.

Mom says "Jeremiah don't bother Ray please."

Ray: "No no buddy. It's okay. Come here."

He picks him up in her arms and they start playing and having a little fun.

Everyone is so serious right now. Everyone looking at Ray, Even Emma.

Ray's POV

"What's wrong? Did I do anything?"

Jeremiah starts playing with my cheeks now.

Emma: "Jeremiah hates when a stranger comes here."

"Why? I mean he's so friendly and extremely cute."

I sit down and keep Jeremiah with me on my left leg. We start eating pizza ans having a good time.

"Ms. Sarah I really gotta tell this. The food was amazingly perfect."

Sarah: "Thanks honey you're so sweet."

We finished. It's almost 10:30 so I guess I'll leave now.

"So everyone I had an amazing time here. You're so nice and lovely. They all say goodbye." Jeremiah won't let me go though lol.

"I'll walk him out" Selena says.

We get out and start walking slowly towards my car.

"So?"

Me: "It was amazing. I was expecting something really serious with not that much talking."

Selena: "Glad to hear that."

Me: "Omg you're so beautiful."

I enjoy looked at her more than anything.

We arrive at the car.

"So I'll go now." I say.

I kiss her nicely for like 15 seconds and then let go.

"Bye! Good night! I love you" she says.

"Love you too!" I reply starting the engine.

________________________________

Sorry I haven't updated lately. :/
Please vote and drop comments. xx