Iceberg

Selena's POV

It's 4:00 PM and I'm walking so Ray will pick me up a little far from home. So dad and mom don't see his car.

I can spot his car coming so I just stop walking. He's wearing a black T-Shirt and black jeans and black boots.

I get in.

Ray: "So how was your day?"

Me: "It was fine. I studied the whole day."

Ray: "But it's Saturdayyy."

Me: "So?"

Ray: "I, don't, get, this." He chuckles.

We arrive at the pitch and I can see a lot of young people there.

We get out of the car and walk towards them.

Ray introduces me to every single one of them.

They look like nice guys.

Ray: "Everyone pay attention! This is my girlfriend Selena."

I wave at them all in a way that makes me feel like I'm in pain.

They all go like "Whooooooo" we all laughing. It's a good atmosphere.

Then a medium haired blonde girl came.

"And this is, Aubreeey, the friend I told you about."

Me: "I'm Selena. Pleasure to meet you."

Aubrey: "You took him downn? You took Ray down? I'm Aubrey. Pleasure's all mine."

Aubrey is full of energy. I like her. It's a positive person.

We sit in a good place so we can see the match from a good position. Ray gets out of the changing room with his shirt off.

He's got such a nice body. He's so cutely hot. Lol

As I focus on him I spotted a tattoo on his chest. I didn't know he had that.

Anyway I'll ask him later. The match begins and me and Aubrey start to talk.

Me: "So you're his best friend."

Aubrey: "Yeah me and Ray grew up together. He was my neighbor next door until 2 years ago when I moved."

Me: "Ray was the only one who was welcoming in my school. He was so kind and all."

Aubrey: "Yeah Ray is a good guy but he's like an iceberg. No one knows the 80%. He's a closed guy as you know."

Actually I don't know that. I'm surprised my boyfriend sounds nothing like that.

She continues "... we are good friends. I know I can count on him on any situation."

As we speak Ray scores a goal and he screams at me like "Baby did you see that? Damn that should have been recorded. It's a world cladd goal!"

I reply "Yeah but you didn't tell me anything about recording so don't put the blame on me honey!"

We continue to talk.

Aubrey: "I can see it. The way he looks at you even from that afar. Haven't seen that look in such a long time. He's into you."

Me: "Yeah I felt for him since day one. I just didn't know it yet."

As we talk the boys keep yelling at each other like "Pass!" or "Careful!" but I'm really more focused on Aubrey's words.

Aubrey: "How cuteee. It's a little weird because I've never seen him with a girl since the last year thing."

What thing. Oh my God I'm not knowing Ray anymore. I know I met him a week and a half ago but this sounds crazy.

Maybe it has to do with him lying about being at the principal's office and all the other things.

Me: "What last year thing?"

Aubrey looks a little shocked.

Aubrey: "N, nothing."

Me: "Aubrey! Tell me now."

Aubrey: "It's nothing that serious to say..."

Me: "Aubrey don't bullshit me! Tell me right now I need to know."

As I speak a tear fell down my cheek and I got a little sad knowing there are tons of things I don't know about the guy I'm in love with.

Aubrey: "Okay okay don't cry. Here's the thing. Last year ...."

___________________________________________

Please vote and leave your thoughts on comment. I'd really appreciate any suggestions of how the story should continue. Love xx