Chapter One

Author's note:

A lot of this has references to things I like such as bands and although you don't have to, I suggest you look up what band I'm talking about. You don't have to listen to their music or like it but it might have an affect on the story if you do :)

Also the best friends in this story are based on my best friend's in real life; who also both have wattpad accounts. Check them out: Navaara6 (Ada) & DaisyJasper (Lynn).

Ok thanks so much for reading <3 hope you enjoy ^ -^

---------------------------------------------------------

† Chapter I †

I looked out the window of my car at the house across the road. The place was like mansion! Ok maybe that was an exaggeration but still. They had begun building it about a month before I went on holidays to my awesome auntie Sarah’s place for the summer holidays. They had actually built it quite quick, considering how big it is. These people must be loaded, they’re moving in tomorrow. I hop out the car and begin walking up to my two-story house that looked small in comparison to the house across the road. I enter my house and the house smells of smokes, a cloud of smoke escapes out the door and I cough loudly. From spending two months in fresh air at a farm back to my parent’s house full of smoking.

“Oh, you’re back. Good we need some money.” My dad, Josh, says, standing up slowly.

I groan and reach into my pocket. My dad was 47 years old, he had black hair, like me, and was rather fat, not that he used to be before he got addicted. I pull out $70, the last of my money I have before I go back to work tomorrow. I take $10 away from it, hoping to save that for dinner but my dad snatches it out of my hands

“Honey, come downstairs, Rain is back!” My dad calls and my mum, Fiona, who is 39 trots downstairs. My parents where high when they were naming me and although it was completely sunny outside, they named me Rain. I like it though.

Her hair was brown but she constantly bleaches it to look blonde. She’s pretty wrinkly because of all the makeup she cakes on and she looked as if she had a hangover, which she probably does.

She comes over and kisses me on the cheek “Hi honey, welcome back! Thank you for the money your father and I will be back, probably tomorrow sometime, ok? Unpack your stuff make yourself dinner, also it will be such a big help if you could do the washing. Ok bye!”

With that my mum left, trailing behind my dad. They get into the car and I watch them drive off. A smile escapes my face and I rush upstairs into my room, plug iPod in my docking station and turn up A Day To Remember really loud so it can be heard all around the house. My room has a grey carpet and black walls; my double bed has red sheets with comic speech bubbles as a blanket. You know things like, ‘Pow!’ and ‘Bam!’ and things. I had a bedside table with things that normally go on bedside tables, like clocks and such and a TV opposite my bed.  My walls are covered in band posters and I have a mirror next to my desk which has a laptop and some dragon statues on it. My black electric bass sat next to my desk. I loved that thing; along with Bass I also knew some screamo vocals along with normal vocals. I also have a bathroom next to my room, that luckily is all mine. I open up all the windows in the house, hoping to get rid of the smell of smoke and bong.

My name is Rain. I was born on the 12th of October, so I’m turning 18 this year. I live in Australia and am in year 12 this year as well. I get over average grades, ever sense my older brother died I have been doing my best to be smart, I am lucky to be alive and I want to live on in his name, which was Zac. He died 11 years ago, when he was 9 and I was 6. My parents were drunk, again, and we were driving and we crashed. My brother knew something was wrong and so at the last minute he undid his seatbelt and put his arms around me. When we collided his nails jug into my skin and he didn’t go flying around the car, but instead was impaled with glass in the head and back. I cried so much for the following few months, I was so close with my brother, I loved him so much.