Chapter Four

† Chapter IV †

The next few weeks blurred together, Xander and I were getting really close and me and my parents were pulling further apart. They had kicked me out of the house 5 times now but every time I just either went to the park and listened to my iPod or, if I was lucky to run into Xander, hang with him. Xander and I were also lab partners now, which is totally awesome. And so now it is Friday morning at school.

“So you girls are going to spend the weekend with your boyfriends’ huh?” I ask Ada and Lynn and they nod eagerly.

I was actually hoping to stay with them on the weekend. Oh well I guess.

“Why don’t you spend time with Xander?” Ada says with a wink.

I stick my tongue at her. ‘Boo!’ someone yells behind me and I jump back and kick however scared me.

Xander fell on the floor laughing and I kick him in the ribs, also laughing.

“Jeez Rain, you don’t kill the people you like.” Lynn mumbles and I glare at her, my face burning.

I help Xander up and he ruffles my hair up. I knew that I kicking him didn’t hurt him at all.

“Hey Rain, do you want to go catch a movie or something on the weekend?” Xander asks and Ada and Lynn giggle, running away.

“Sure, that sounds like fun.” I say.

The bell rings at that moment and I wave to Xander who walks to his locker.

Period 4 came and we were in science. We were doing some experiment and me and Xander were adding some chemicals together.

“Hey, I’m thinking 'I’m not okay' with Frank and the experiment?” I laugh and pour this yellow liquid into the beaker.

Xander laughs, “Dare you to drink it.”

“No way, I could die!” I cry and add the next ingredient. “But, I’ll put a pin on Trevor’s chair?”

Xander looks and Kane and Trevor who are laughing and threatening Mel with the toxic acid. I swear Kane had a thing for Mel.

“Go ahead, this should be funny.” Xander hands me a pin that for some reason he had in his pocket.

I casually walk over to Trevor and Kane’s bench and place a pin on Trevor’s chair. He doesn’t notice at all and I casually walk back over to my bench and continue working but every so often look back at them to see if they are about to sit down. I little over 5 minutes later Trevor yells out really loud and swears at the chair.

“Trevor, please, watch the language!” Mr. Tonks commands.

Trevor puts an apologetic hand up and I high five Xander.

The next day I got up and quickly had a shower. I put on a Black Veil Brides band tee with some ripped shorts and some red and black knee high socks. I put on my doc martens and the grab a red and black hoodie. I put on my eyeliner, mascara and tease my hair a little at the back then put in a red bow. I walk downstairs and my parents were awake. Dad was smoking something, already and it wasn’t even 9 o’clock.

I quickly have breakfast and brush my teeth. I was happy I finished all my homework last night (oh yeah I’m good) and I could spend as much time as I wanted with Xander. I go to walk outside to meet him when I am stopped by mum.

“Where are you going?” She asks.

“What do you care?” I challenge.

“Leave the bitch alone.” Dad says and continues smoking.

I roll my eyes, “I’m seeing Xander and I’ll be back when I’m back.”

Mum folds her arms, “Who’s Xander?”

“The next door neighbour.” I face palm and open the door.

Xander was standing on the other side of the road, holding his phone and looking really attractive. He was wearing a Bring Me The Horizon band tank top with black skinny jeans and converse. He looks up and sees me and immediately puts away his phone and gives me a hug,

“Hi Xander, have fun dear!” Mum says, waving and closes the door.

“Is that your mum?” Xander asks.

“Yeah, she never cares what I do so I have no idea why she’s suddenly taking interest now. She’s probably high or something.” The words spill out of mouth without me even realising.

“Are you serious?” He asks, looking concerned.

“It doesn’t matter. I’ll hopefully be moving out in a few months anyway.” I say, stretching my arms out in front of me.

Xander drives us to the movies in his awesome black car while we played some awesome music. He’s so rich, his car is better than my parent’s car; I would love to see his dad’s car. We arrive at the movies and look through the selection of movies. I was hoping to see some kiddy feel good movie but we went in and saw a horror movie. Truthfully, I hate horror movies; they scare me so much, Even though I absolutely love gore which makes no sense whatsoever.

It came to a part when the girl was walking around the room and she was hearing eerie sounds all around her. The killer suddenly pops up on the screen and everyone, especially me screams in the cinema. I cover my face with my hands and cuddle up next to Xander, my heart still beating fast. He puts his arm around me and when I manage to move my fingers away from my face I look up to see the killer gutting the girl alive.

I start laughing as I see the killer pull her intestines out. Xander laughs at me laughing and some people look at us funny.

“How could you think that is funny? That’s so sick!” Some girly girl loser says and I flick popcorn into her hair.

Finally the movie finishes and we walk out of the cinemas. “You were so scared.” Xander teases.

“Shut up. At least I thought some of it was funny.” I put my hands on my hips.

“Yeah the parts you actually saw.” He laughs and I punch him in the shoulder.

I hear some annoying high pitched screams and look to the side to see the slutty girls of my school and their leader, Tegan. Her shorts could classify as underpants they were so short and she was wearing the rip off of Doc Martens, those military boots and her top revealed some of her stomach and her belly button piercing.

“Oh crap, those girls are so annoying.” Xander mutters and I look up at him.

They notice Xander and begin giggling and making their way over to us, No! I thought. I knew they were going to try and steal Xander away from me. Xander quickly grabs my waist and my eyes widen as he suddenly roughly presses his lips against mine. I close my eyes and kiss him back. Whatever was happening, I didn't care, I had been waiting for this! I hear Tegan and the whores start mumbling to each other and storm off.  Xander quickly pulls back and looks at me.

For the first time I saw him slightly redden, “…Sorry, I had to-“

I didn’t let him finish because I kissed him again but this time we held our kiss for longer. I pulled him close to me and we held each other tightly. When we finally pull away we smiled at each other.

We spend the rest of the day until it was 4pm walking around, having lunch and just talking until I got a call from work that they needed me really badly to come help out until 9pm. Xander drove us home and I hop out the car and he walks me up to the door.

“See you on Monday.” I say and kiss him softly on the lips, I could really get used to this.

“Have fun at work.” He says and I hug him one last time before going inside.