Chapter Six

† Chapter VI †

After having a shower in the spare room again and having a light dinner, I went downstairs and made some hot chocolates. I learnt how to make really good ones from my job and I walk upstairs to give one to Xander. Darren wasn’t home, he was out working.

I reach Xander’s room and I push the door lightly, it was already open. Xander was sitting on the bed fiddling with his guitar. He puts down his guitar once I walk in.

“I made hot chocolates!”I give a hot chocolate to Xander and he sips some of it.

“Damn this is good.” He murmurs, drinking more.

I skull some of mine, and Xander looks at me funny.

“What?” I look at him suspiciously.

“You have froth on your face.” Xander smiles sweetly and whipes the foam off my face. 

He pauses for a moment, as if contomplating on whether he should say something until he looked right into my eyes, his gaze not wavering. I couldn't help but smile, I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me.

"I love you." He said for me.

My smile broadens quickly, "I love you too, Xander."

I put down my glass and move closer to him. I preessed myself against him as I kissed him and I lay slightly on top of him. He traces his fingers up my aist and lifts my top off, just as I did the same thing to him. He rolls us over and kisses my neck, finding my sweet spot I moan slightly. Eventually the rest of our clothes were off and continued to press ourselves against each other, both of us wanting to get as close to the other as we could.

I woke up the next day next to Xander, he was still sleeping. He looked really innocent and sweet, the sight of him mademe full of happinnes. I kiss him softly on the cheek and go to have a shower. When I finally finished I cam back to see Xander was awake and he had put his clothes on.

“Morning.” He says and pecks me on the lips.

I smile broadly and kiss him for longer. “Morning.” I whisper.

We walk downstairs and look around for something to eat, “Let’s eat pancakes!” I cry and open up the pantry.

“I don’t think we have any pre-made mixes though.” Xander says and opens some other pantry.

“That’s ok, do you have flour?” I ask and Xander hands me some flour.

I grab some other ingredients and begin making pancakes. Xander watches me and then he picks up some of the flour. He looks me up and down and then chucks the flour at my face.

“You’re dead.” I snarl and throw flour at him.

He laughs and we throw flour and other ingredients at each other. After a short while we were already covered completely in flour. Just then we heard the front door begin to open.

“Shit.” I curse and begin picking up some of the food off the floor.

“Hey, don’t worry about it.” Xander kneels down and helps me a bit.

He takes some flour and then, grabbing my arm, hides behind the fridge.

“What’re we doing?” I whisper and Xander motions for me to be quiet.

“Xander? Are you home?” I hear Darren call and his footsteps are louder as he reaches the kitchen. “Xa-“ Darren is cut off when Xander throws flour in his dad’s face.

I put my hands to my face, trying to hide my smile. For a second it looked as if Darren would kill Xander and then he cracks a smile and begins laughing. Darren gets an egg and cracks it on top of Xander’s hair.

“Good morning, Rain.” Darren says to me and puts his briefcase down on the bench.

“Good morning.” I laugh at Xander as he tries to get the egg out of his hair.

“You were making pancakes?” Darren asks and I nod, standing up and continuing cooking.

Xander gave up on his hair and sat next to his Dad. I finish the pancakes and give them some on a plate. They taste the food and I try and get some flour out of my hair. It made my hair look grey as if I had aged 40 years.

“Wow, this is good.” Darren says and eats his second pancake.

“You should have tasted Rain’s hot chocolates.” Xander says, “They were awesome.”

“Thanks!” I smile and eat one pancake.

“And now there is this massive mess…” Darren mumbles.

“Sucks to be our maid then,” Xander says, jumping up. Darren glares at Xander, who shrugs sheepishly. 

“You have a maid?” I stare at Xander.

“Yeah of course.” He replies, a matter-of-factly.

An hour later we sat watching a Edward Scissorhands. Truthfully, it was one of my favourite movies, Tim Burton is a genius.

“Hey Rain ,” Xander nudges me and I take my eyes off the movie to look at Xander, “you looked so freaked out when you heard my dad coming home, you know.”

I laugh and snuggle closer to Xander on the couch, “Last time I had a food fight with my brother it didn’t turn out well.”

“You have a brother? What happened? Did your parents get annoyed?” Xander asks.

“Wow calm down,” I say with a laugh. I didn’t really like talking about Zac but Xander has the right to know. “Yes I … had a brother, his name was Zac. We made a massive mess and my parents were so annoyed they locked us outside for 5 hours.”

Xander stares at me and I avoid his gaze, I look at the movie instead. “So by had you mean…?”

“He died 11 years ago in a car accident.” I mumble and bite my labret piercing.

Xander was quiet for a moment, “Hey it’s alright we have to keep fighting for your mum and my brother, right?” I say, trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, but Rain… your brother died because of your parents… didn’t he?” I nod slowly, they made me tell everyone that it was because someone else was drunk and almost crashed into us but I didn’t want to lie, especially not to Xander and it was their fault.

“Rain you deserve better parents then them, if you need any place to go or if you need anything just ask ok?” Xander kisses me on the cheek and I hug him.

“Ok. Thank you so much Xander, I love you.” I whisper and this time I kiss him on the cheek.

“I love you too.”