|| Prologue || *

A/N: This story is being rewritten! From this point on, you are reading the old, unedited version.

Today was one of those days with not much going on. There would be no going outside of the walls or going on any mission in general for today everyone had a day off. 

All the new members of squad Levi were sitting in the dinning hall, talking (or arguing in Jean and Eren's case) about all the pass events or random things. Even Hanji was joining in on the fun and games. The only person who wasn't getting involved was a very short corporal who decided that he didn't want to be around all the 'brats' and 'shitty four-eyes.'

It didn't take to long for an argument to break out once Sasha turned the conversation into something about food and Jean had to make a comment about it like he always did. Then when Eren said something to Jean, Jean began arguing with him and yeah, that's how life is with this group...

 As Eren and Jean argued and others tried to break it up, Hanji noticed Levi walking pass the table, holding a small box in his arms. 

"Hey Levi, wanna join the fun? It will do you some good~" Hanji called, smiling and waving to him as he only turned and glared back at her in return.

"Tch," was his only reply as he turned forward and contained to walk. As he did so, a photo fell from the top of the box, drifting to the floor and landing at the end of the table by Eren. The teen noticed this and forgot his arrangement with Jean as reaching down and picking the picture up.

"Hey Corporal, you dropped this," Eren yelled, looking down at the picture as everyone else peeked over his shoulders, taking a look as well.

The picture was one of a young woman wearing a survey corps uniform. She was leaning against a wall on an outside building, smiling a bright, closed eyed smile as she titled her head to the camera. Next to her stood a younger looking Levi who's eyes were turned away from the camera while not taking much interest in the whole thing. One thing was for sure, whoever the girl with Levi was, she was very beautiful.

"Who-" Before Armin could finish, the picture was quickly ripped away from his best friends hands. The group looked to whoever took the picture only to see a very angry Levi glaring at them all as he put the picture back in the box.

"Don't. Touch." he hissed sternly, spinning around and marching off, stomping his feet to the ground like a child would after being told they couldn't have anymore sweets.

"The picture must have been important," Eren watched Levi march off as Jean rolled his eyes.

"Or he just doesn't want your titan hands all over his stuff," he replied smugly as Eren shot him a glare.

"What was the picture of?" Hanji asked, being the only person who didn't see the picture as she stayed seated the whole time and watched the group.

"It was a girl standing with Levi," Eren answered.

"What did she look like?" the squad leader asked, curiosity getting the best of her as the group didn't need to think twice of the girls appearance.

"She had (h/l) (h/c) hair," Eren started.

"And (e/c) eyes," Armin added.

"She was in the survey corps obviously," Jean leaned back, forgetting he was on a bench therefore almost falling as he quickly regained balance causing Eren to snicker. The horse-faced male glared at him.

"She looked strong," Sasha put in as she also put food into her mouth, stuffing it. 

"But kind and sweet~" Historia smiled.

"Looked like she like she was in her 20's," Mikasa finished with an emotionless voice.

"...Mm..." Hanji thought for a moment, thinking hard as a smile soon made its way of her lips," It must have been a picture of (Y/n)~! That's would explain why Levi didn't want anyone to touch it!"

"(Y/n)? Who's that?" Armin asked, looking to Hanji as her smile only grew.

"Oh yeah, you guys don't know her do you. She was amazing, a perfect soldier too," Hanji explained, seeming to space out of she began to remember all shorts of things.

"How does Levi know her?" Eren questioned as everyone waited for an answer.

"You see, (Y/n) was Levi's older sister-" Hanji started before everyone's eyes went wide.

"OLDER SISTER!!!"

"That girl?!"

"She looked to nice to be related!"

"Levi never said anything about having a sister before..."

"Its true. Oh but she was much different from Levi yet they were alike in someways. She was a very kind girl, always doing anything to help others. She was one of the only people Levi has ever been close to. They were almost always together back when they first came to the survey corps," Hanji laughed, remembering the girl," she'd even listened to my theory's about titans. I loved that girl."

"Whatever happened to her?" Eren asked as Hanji's smile went away. She frowned, looking down.

"Well, its a long story...I guess I should start at the beginning. That is if you really want to know-" she started.

"YES!" Everyone shouted, wanting to hear something other than titan stories for once. Hanji chuckled, resting her elbows on the table as she started her story.

"Okay then, it all started about 27 years ago, in a place known as the under ground..."