|| Chapter 1 ||*

~27 Years Before~

(Y/n) blinked her eyes open, sitting up for her 'bed' and looking around. The room was cold yet it was nothing different for her. It was as normal as breathing air. She sat up slowly, yawning with a stretch once she got to her feet. 

The young girl made her way out of the room quietly, walking to another door in the same place and opening it a bit. She was met with another dark, cold room but since she was use to living in dark and cold places, she didn't mind one bit. 

Inside the room, on the far side, was a bed with a figure sleeping there silently. The girl made her way over to the bedside, looking at the figure for a moment before opening her mouth to speak," mother, its morning. Time to get up."

"..." there was no answer as the lady sleeping there stayed quiet with her eyes closed.

"Mother..." (Y/n) reached her hand to her mothers cheek, lying it there only to feel coldness. The girl's eyes went wide a bit as she moved her hand down the her mothers, taking it in her own and feeling her pulse. 

(Y/n) held her hand for a moment before letting it go, staring down with emotionless eyes,"...oh..."

She stood there for a long moment, that was until she heard footsteps in the other room. She quickly hurried to the door, shutting it behind her as a little boy walked up to her, rubbing his dull blue eyes.

"(Y/n)...Is mama up yet?" He asked tiredly, sounding haft asleep. (y/n) shook her head, kneeling down to the boys height so she could look him in the eyes.

"Not yet. Mother is...still sick. She just needs rest though so lets make sure she gets it," the (h/c)ed girl smiled kindly at her younger brother as he started at her for a moment, nodding.

"...Okay..."

"In the mean time, mother has a job for us," (Y/n) explained as her brother looked up, his eyes shining a bit.

"What kind?"

"Mother asked us if we could go on an adventure though town. She wanted us to be like soldiers," (Y/n) explained, picking up her younger brother and standing up. The second the word 'soldiers' left her mouth, the young boy frowned, narrowing his eyes.

"Why would mama want us to be like those bastards?" He asked as (Y/n) glared halfheartedly at him.

"Levi," she warned as he frowned, looking away and noticing his mistake.

"Sorry...Its just...their so mean! They always treat us like trash when we're not!" he complain as (Y/n) walked into the room, setting Levi in a chair at the table and turning towards the little (and empty) kitchen.

"The Mp's do, but one time I was read this book and it talked about how there are soldier's known as the survey corps," She explained, opening the cupboards only to find a small stale piece of bread.

"Survey corps?" Levi tried out the name, looking at his hands and frowning his eyebrows," what do they do?"

"You've heard people talk about 'titan's', right?" She asked, taking the bread and heading over to the table as Levi nodded.

"...Yeah..."

"Well apparently the survey corps goes outside of the walls and fights the titans," (Y/n) explained breaking the bread in haft as Levi's mouth hung open a bit.

"No way."

"Yes way," (Y/n) giggled, handing him a piece of bread as he took it, thanking her quickly and stuffing the piece in his mouth, his little tummy growling with hunger.

"That's just stupid," Levi chewed as (Y/n) nodded.

"No talking with your mouth full," she advised before taking a bit of her bread.

"Sorry...So mama wants us to play 'survey corps' soldiers?" He asked, making sure he was right as (Y/n) nodded.

"Yeah. We're going to go on an adventure and pretend we're them. We'll go outside the house and pretend were outside of the walls," (Y/n) explained the plan as Levi listened to her every word as if she was some goddess sitting right there in front of him.

"Who will be the titans?"

"All the grown ups; other than mother of course. She can be our commander," (Y/n) smiled as Levi nodded, finishing his bread before talking.

"When are we going?"

"Now. Come and get ready. We need to pack supplies," Levi jumped off of the chair, running off to the corner of the room to get his small little backpack to fit his things inside. (Y/n) followed, packing her own bag," now pack anything you want. We'll be outside of the walls for awhile."

"Okay," Levi quickly finished packing, putting his backpack on his back and watching (Y/n) patch her things. Once she was done, she stood up and took the young boys hand as he followed her. 

(Y/n) opened the door carefully, looking outside to make sure no one was there to jump them. Once she was sure they were safe, she opened the door fully with a smile of relief. The two stared outside, standing there holding each other's hands. (Y/n) looked down at Levi, tilting her head a bit," ready to go fight for titans?"

"Yeah," Levi pulled (Y/n) after him, outside the door as he was very excited to get started on the job their mother had give them.

(Y/n) giggled, looking back at the house with a sad smile as she followed her younger brother.

'I'll take care of him, mother. He's my little brother and I'll do all I can for him. Don't worry.'