7) "Maria?! Is That You?!"

They circled the building where Snap-Shot worked part time in a black van with tinted windows, because that's totally not suspicious at all.

"You're like asking for them to find us." I told Boss. He ignored me, like usual, stopped the car, and nodded to one of his employees. They started exiting the car, one by one and jumping in through the windows, shattering the glasses.

I walked over to the door and pushed it open. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Yep, I'm definitely going to be dying like this.

"Okay, Maria." Boss said. "Don't do anything, and follow me."

"But following you is doing something." I said with a smirk, because I'm annoying.

He answered with a loud, irritated sigh.

I had to resist the urge to laugh, annoying the big scary Boss was kinda fun when you know he can't do anything about it at the moment. While running up the stairs we occasionally stopped to check behind us and through some of the windows, then he would signal me and we would continue running up the stairs.

"Okay, we're here." He said and peeked through the window. I also peeked a bit and found three guards, standing casually on front of the door at the end of the hall.

I silently giggled and whispered to Boss. "They have got to be the worst body guards I've ever seen, people are dying just a few floors beneath them."

"Maria, never underestimate your opponent, whether it's a child or a body builder." He told me, then his phone vibrated and he stared at the screen for a second before shoving it back into his pocket. "Okay, we're going in."

"Wait we're fighting them this wasn't part-" Before I could finish, he dramatically pushed open the doors and battled two of the bodyguards. I fought against one of them, and I immediately regretted it.

Boss was right, these guys were pretty strong. He started off with a hard punch to my gut. I had to stumble back. Ive taken worse punches, but this was the closest I've been to my worst. At least they have more brawn then brains. I decided slam my elbow across his face. He stumbled back, being completely open for me to attack with an uppercut to his forehead. He fell back, and stayed down on the ground, completely unconscious.

"About time." He rolled his eyes. Then he pulled a gun out of his pocket.

"Whoa, whoa, hold up, we're not killing them!" I hollered.

"Why not?" He asked me, looking like a confused toddler asking his mom why he can't go into a white, busted up van for free candy.

"You can't just shoot people recklessly! Think about it: they have lives!" I scolded him.

"Okay, so?" He asked. I took a deep breath.

"I'm pretty sure we knocked them out good, let's just go up and face Snap-Shot." I told him.

"Maria, don't let your guard down." He told me and aimed the gun towards his head.

"No!" I scolded him until suddenly we heard voices. He muttered a few curse words.

"Let's go!" He said and grabbed my arm, dragging me up he steps. We got to the roof, to find no one was there.

"Snap-Shot, we have what you want." Boss called. Suddenly, a black figure appeared from behind one of the vents. He was tall, and I haven't had a good look at his face yet, but he already seemed very intimidating.

Boss nodded and I threw a smoke bomb. Then I ran to the edge of the building.

"Oh god." I said before jumping off. I pulled the parachute instantly, and landed safely on the ground. This is way too dramatic. Like why couldn't we meet at a park or something? I cut off the parachute and threw off the bag, because it was heavy and bothering me.

I opened the building to see bodies just laying there on the ground. My stomach ached in disgust, and this time I truly questioned if I should really stay on this job. It's only my first day, and I've gone through so much— things most of the population won't ever go through in their whole lifetime.

I walked up the stairs and stopped at a door labeled 5. I took a very deep breath and walked into the hallway.

Huh?

No one was here. I thought I was fighting an army of 50 with two other advanced spies?

"Hello?" I said, then I mentally slapped myself. Who goes 'hello' in an empty room?

"Hello." Someone responded. I didn't expect that.

"Who is it? Show yourself." I said out loud.

"You show yourself first." The deep, but still getting there, voice called, so probably a teenage boy. This is gonna be a piece of cake.

"No, you show yourself first." I said.

"No, you show yourself first." He said.

"Jesus Christ. Where are you?" I asked, fed up with all this irrelevant bickering.

"The third hall." He said.

"Okay, I'm at the first, let's meet up at the second hall." I told him.

"Okay, I'm walking there right now, are you walking there?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just have to turn at the end of the hall, which is only a few steps away from me." I answered.

"Okay, same also, see you soon." He called back.

"You too." I answered.

When I turned at the end of the hall, I looked to see my calculations were correct as he was a teenage boy, probably around my age.

He had a katana in a scabbard on his left side and wore a long black cape with a large hood on his back. Not only did he look like the world's most dumbest assassin, but the next thing he said shocked me the most.

"Maria?! Is that you?!"

~

Wasn't really a fan of this chapter since I didn't write much and it seemed cringey, but how does the weird katana holding freak know Maria's name?

Probably wait another year because I suck at updating my stories.

Stay awesome —Pam.