9) The Aftermath

Boss was winning. He had Silencer under him, and Silencer had this terrified look that had us confused for a moment. Good thing, right?

But it was Boss's face, his eyes in particular, that was catastrophic. The look on his face seemed foreign, like something had possessed him. It was Boss, live and in the flesh... but it wasn't?

Even Cara was shook, terrified. I've seen my fair share of deadly looks from Boss in the two days that I've known him... but this one was definitely different.

Who the hell is Boss?

Suddenly, Boss's intense look eased up, but we were still extremely frightened. "Why are you here? Go downstairs, round up the other agents and get the hell out of here!"

"What are you going to do with Silencer?" Cara asked bravely. Cara made it seem like she was suggesting taking him in for questioning, but I knew she was more interested in the barbaric ways Boss was about to slaughter the kid in.

Silencer answered for Boss. "I'll join you lot. Watch over Maria for the time being."

Boss raised his eyebrow at me. "What's the deal between you two?"

"I really don't know him, like at all. But he swears he knows me." I sighed and clutched onto my hair. I think I'm going insane."This is the strangest thing I've found out all day and it's been a hell of a day."

Cara responded to Silencer's question in place of Boss. "Hell no."

"Yeah." I agreed with Cara. There's no way I need an annoying katana holding freak watching over me like a nagging, persistent boyfriend.

"Maria you have no say in this." Silencer said. Cara and Boss agreed.

"This is literally about me though!" I responded, annoyed. 

"I think we might be able to utilize him." Boss paused to think for a moment. "Sedate him."

Cara rushed over and injected something into Silencers arm as he defied. "Wait, stop!" He panicked but soon he began to calm down, and act droopy like my Dad on poker night. Cara threw a black bag over his head and cuffed his arms. I helped her carry Silencer downstairs.

"Where's everyone?" Boss asked Cara as he realized he had an entire army of agents he should've been looking over.

"I told them all to retreat, they should be back in their cars." Cara told him. Boss nodded. Then he was silent, I could tell with the distant look in his eyes that he was thinking of something that bothered him.

"Cara?" He asked again. Cara hummed in response.

"Casualties?" He asked, but I could tell he didn't want an answer.

"I know 3 so far." Cara responded. Boss groaned and muttered a curse word under his breathe.

Suddenly, guilt began to flood my mind. Even if Boss wanted an opportunity to catch SnapShot, the fact that maybe if I had been more aware and avoided him, we could've caught him some other time and those 3 would be spared. Or, maybe I could've noticed SnapShot and reported him as soon as possible so we could come up with a better plan with more time. It was technically my fault.

The car ride was silent back home. I felt very guilty and depressed for a while. Instead of taking me back to headquarters they dropped me off a block away from my home. I walked back into this dumpster of a home, to find my dad passed out drunk on the couch. I sighed as I went into room, then plopped onto my bed without even bothering to take a shower. Guilt began to wash over me like an emotional Judgement Day and I began to shed tears for those 3 people who were lost.

What the actual hell is did I get myself into?

~

Short chapter!! Sorry I haven't been updating a lot, writers block is an awful disease!! But thanks for the support!!

Also listen to scary love by the neighborhood, I plopped it in my media

Also can anyone do me a huge favor and follow me I literally have one more follow until 80 ;)

Alsooo, my friend Ely undeadDepression  has a really good book called 'Change' that goes unnoticed :/, so I advise you to check it out :)) it's really interesting!!

All the loveee, Pam <3