➳ 28

"So, does this mean I'm forgiven?" Dylan asked as he dropped onto the sofa beside Cara. He was smiling, his hand stuffed into an open bag of chips. Cara slumped back against the sofa, dragging her hand through her hair, and turned to him, her lips twisting into a frown.

"Dylan," She sighed, "I can't just forgive you,"

"Why not?" He wondered, frowning.

"Because it's not that easy, Dylan," She shook her head, "You really hurt me. You believed someone else over me, and then you dated that someone. And I bet you believed everything she said after that? You know Shelley told me everything she said about me, right? About how I'd been sleeping around with a bunch of random guys— with Spencer? How I was apparently running back to him with my tail between my legs? How I was dating him and cheating on him again, because that's just what I do? About how the baby probably wasn't yours? And you believed her!" She felt tears welling up in her eyes, but did nothing to prevent them. Dylan had to hear this— he had to see this, because he was the reason behind her tears. Him and Thea. "Did you doubt it?" Her voice dropped to a whisper when she asked the question, fixating her eyes on the wall behind him.

"Did I doubt what?"

"That the baby was yours?" She elaborated, pressing her palm against the swell of her stomach. Her daughter, their daughter.

"I did," He admitted, "But that was before you told me that she was mine. I knew— The second you told me she was mine, I believed you. I knew it. And I want nothing more than to be her Father," He reached up and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Then you can be just that," She nodded, "But, we're not going to be more than friends and co-parents. Because I haven't forgiven you. Not yet."

---

my baby children i love them so much