➳ 81

captainbrooks: date night!!!!

[tagged: dylanobrien]

981k likes | 7814 comments

The sun had long since set when the couple left the restaurant, their hands linked together as they spoke about nothing and everything. Every date night, Cara was reminded of how much they still laughed like their first, spoke like their second, kissed like their third. Every date made her feel just like all the ones before it— incredibly, utterly, completely in love with Dylan O'Brien.

"There's a reason, you know," He began, stopping them in the garden of the restaurant— the very same restaurant they'd gone to for their very first date, nearly two years ago now. "That I brought you here,"

"Oh, yeah?" She hummed, smiling when he reached forward to brush her hair behind her ear. "And what is that reason?" She tilted her head to the side, drawing her eyebrows together. Dylan smirked, then knelt down before her. Cara was sure her heart stopped, just for a second, when Dylan reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring.

"Cara Brooks, I have loved you for the last two years. I'm almost certain that I've loved you from the moment I met you, and if not, then I knew I was going to love you. And I know that I'm going to love you forever. You and Aurora have made me so happy, and I want to spend forever repaying you for giving me such a beautiful little girl," He grinned up at her, his eyes twinkling in the moonlight, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I don't want to wait a minute longer without knowing if you feel the same. Will you marry—?"

"Yes!" Cara squeaked before Dylan could even finish the question, kneeling down before him. She cupped his face in her hands, peppering his face with chaste kisses. "I love you," She murmured between kisses, "I love you so much, Dylan. You've— You've made me so happy. You're everything to me, and I can't— I can't imagine a life without you." Dylan smiled and took her hand in his, sliding the ring onto her ring finger. It fit perfectly, but she didn't suspect anything less from Dylan. He knew everything about her, more than anyone else in the world knew. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he did the same for her waist, the two of them pulling each other close. He kissed her, moving his lips against hers as he stood, still holding onto her, and lifted her off the ground, spinning them around as he laughed.

"You," He gasped as he put her back onto her feet, "I hope you know how happy you've made me,"

"Not nearly as happy as you've made me," She grinned against his lips, "We're getting married,"

"Yes we are," He chuckled, "You're stuck with me now."

---

THE END 

well, not really. there are, in fact, three other stories to come after this. so, keep your eyes out for Forever, Collapse, and Yours. One will focus around Carylan and their future, and will include some time jumps (because I know what happens, but no one else does but I want you guys to know, so). That story will act as a long epilogue for Unconditionally. One will focus around Moony and Dylan Sprayberry, and the final one will focus around Paisley and Tyler. All three stories will be updated around the same time, but only Collapse and Yours will more or less be following the same sort of time line (i.e. they take off pretty much right after Carylan announce their engagement!). So, look out for those! Heck, they may already be published as we speak.

Goodbye for now,

Jess.