➳ 42

"I don't believe it." Dylan slammed his laptop shut, tugging at his hair. His mind was reeling. How could he have gotten Thea pregnant? Thea, the woman he let ruin his relationship with the woman he loved, the woman that lied and acted all innocent whilst doing it. The woman that so easily threw away years of friendship just to get out on top. The woman that was currently carrying his child.

The front door opened, and in stepped Cara, stormy faced and hands shaking around the handles of the pram, wherein their daughter lay, sleeping peacefully. Her eyes narrowed upon seeing him. She shrugged out of her coat, throwing it over the back of one of the armchairs, and then sat in it, glaring at him still. Aurora still slept, blissfully unaware of the situation she would soon wake to.

"Talk," Cara demanded, crossing her arms.

"I honestly have no idea what to say," He slumped forward, holding his head in his hands, "This is the first I'm hearing of it,"

"Dylan, one time is an accident, twice is just crazy," She huffed, "I can't believe— you're having a baby with Thea. I think I'd have actually preferred it if you'd gotten my Mother pregnant. I'd rather be the sister of your child, who would also be the sibling of our child, than have my daughter be the sister of Thea Mills' baby," She shuddered at the thought, "Dylan, what are you going to do?"

"I guess I should reach out to her," He decided, though his voice was laced with uncertainty, "This baby is as much mine as Aurora is, and they deserve to know their father— just like Aurora does,"

"I understand that, Dylan, I do, but does this mean you're going to invite her to live here, too?" Cara questioned, "Are we going to— are we going to live here like one big happy family? Because I can't do that, Dylan. I can't live in the same house as the girl that tried to ruin my life, I won't," Dylan crossed the room to where Cara sat and knelt before her, taking her hands in both of his as he looked up at her with wide, brown eyes.

"I'm not going to invite her to move in with me, because I am not in love with Thea Mills. I am in love with you, Cara Brooks, and I want to be around you for as long as you'll let me. I want you to be here, with me, for as long as you're willing to live here. Because you and Aurora— you're everything to me. And I'm going to love that baby, too. But I am not going to love Thea Mills, not as much as I love you," Cara hadn't realised she was crying until Dylan's hands left hers to cup her face and he brushed her tears away with his thumbs. "I'm not done fighting for you, Cara Brooks. I won't be done until you're mine," He stood, letting her go because he knew that was what she needed right now. He'd have plenty of time to hold her later, but for now, she needed space. "I'll go make you some hot chocolate."

"I love you, too." Cara whispered, but Dylan was already out of the room, singing to himself in the kitchen. Aurora stirred awake beside her, and Cara wiped her eyes, took a deep breath, and pushed her feelings for Dylan to the back of her mind. Right now, all she needed was to be a Mother. She could forgive Dylan later.

---

poor carylan :(