➳ 58

"So," Paisley spoke again ten minutes later, looking away from the episode of Supernatural they'd been watching to eye the brunette sipping on her coffee beside her. "How're you feeling?"

"I don't know," Cara admitted through a sigh, her shoulders slumping as she leaned forward to deposit her cup on the coffee table. "I— I have no right to be upset about this, Pais'. Delilah's his daughter, I'm just his girlfriend. And besides, it's not like I didn't announce I was pregnant out of the blue when he was with Thea,"

"That doesn't mean you can't be upset, Cara," Paisley shook her head. "You have every right to be upset about this. He's your boyfriend, and he's having a baby with another woman," Cara moved to speak, but Paisley cut her off. "You can't say that you did the same to Thea, because you didn't. Dylan left Thea because of the lies she spread about you, because of the instagram profile, and everything else. Dylan left Thea because he still love you. If it hadn't been for Thea, then you two would've been together through it all. You did not manipulate him into breaking it off with her, that was his own decision.  Breaking up with you isn't entirely his decision. And, honestly, he should've checked with you before deciding to spend the night at Thea's house, even if they do have a child together now. Them having a child together doesn't in any way mean that he can just disregard your emotions," Paisley sighed, dragging a hand through her hair, "He's your boyfriend, and the two of you have a daughter together. Delilah isn't his only child. He should be thinking of you two as well as Delilah. And it's perfectly normal for you to be worried about it all. After all, it is Thea Mills, but you've got to remember that it's Dylan, as well. He knows now what happened between you and Thea, and he won't think twice about walking out of that house the second she tries something. So, please, don't worry,"

"It's just— I'm scared that he's going to forget us for Delilah, like Savannah said. I'm scared that Dylan's going to be pulled into another one of Thea's traps and just forget that he has a girlfriend and a daughter waiting at home for him as well," Cara admitted, resting her head against Paisley's shoulder, "This whole situation is just— it's so weird, you know? I dated Dylan, then we broke up, then he started dating Thea, then I told him I was pregnant, then he and Thea broke up, then we had a baby, then Thea told him she was pregnant, then we got back together, and now they have a baby together. The next step here is that he breaks up with me, gets back with her, and then I announce I'm pregnant with another baby," At Paisley's startled look she added, "Which I'm not, by the way,"

"He's not going to forget about you guys," Paisley shook her head, "You and Aurora are his whole world, you just have to share him with Delilah. You just have to be the best step-mum in the world to her, explain things to Aurora when she gets older. I know you two will work it out,"

"How can you be so sure?" Cara questioned, lifting her watering eyes to Paisley's face.

"Because I'm carylan as hell."

---

i love paisley & cara tbh