Chapter 10

Chapater 10

Layla walked delicately over to to where Jayden was with the rest of his friendship circle including her brother. Her heart thudded when she watched her brother smile effortlessly with no worries in his life but she knew very soon she will change that; and thats why she hated herself. She was going to break her little brother. He was too young to feel pain.

When their father had passed away Todd was still young. Though he missed his dad he still had Layla. She knew how much of an impact she had on him, she would always act as a mother. Even before their dad had passed away and their mum was normal you could say, Layla raised him and taught him to always be kind and gentle. She mainly raised him due to Todd being the only brother she had and how dependant he had been on her. If she had a son she hoped he would be well behaved just like him.

Layla began blushing just thinking about being a mother. She felt butterfly's in her stomach imagining holding her baby in her arms singing to her or him. Cuddling her baby and kissing it good night. She adored children.

"Layla" her brother hugged her lifting her up making Layla blush. He was making her catch too much attention and she hated attention.

"Hey Todd" she answered with a soft smile that made him melt at the loving smile his sister would always give him.

"Is everything alright you look pale?" he asked with concerned slowly but yet hesitantly tracing her hollow cheeks. He realised the change in her but when he looked closely he could see how ill she really was. "Layla-"

"Its fine." she giggled wrapping her dainty arms around his waist hesitantly hugging him. She had lost a lot of weight this past week and she knew if her baby brother hugged her he would be able to tell, and that scared her.

They both sat down with the rest of the the young pack members. Layla felt slightly out of place as they weren't her usual type of people she would hang around with. She was use to Roy and his group of friends since they were more matured and understanding. They didn't find little things amusing or felt like it was their duty to put people down. This crowd she sat with was definitely her cup of tea but she made effort to interact.

Though her little brother never really took part in the gossiping he sat with them. Layla knew he will always be the popular crowd since he was likeable and very athletic. He is the popular kid in both the pack and High school. He wasn't your usual mean jock rather he was friendly understandable and normal you could say. He was well known for his performance when it came to any sport, mainly football. He always made everyone proud when he won games. He inherited that from their father, while her and Holly were far from athletic. They were very weak when it came to any sports just like their mother.

"So did you hear about Dora?" one of his brothers friend asked chocking on his laughter.

"No" Jayden spoke making Layla finally stare up at him. His eyes met hers making her quickly lower her gaze. This had made Jayden smirk.

Even when it wasn't his intention to make Layla shy away she seem to do it all by herself. Part of Jayden wanted to hold her and laugh with her. Sing with her. Dance with her. But right now he wanted to live a little, have fun. He knew Layla would wait for him when he would be ready. He was going to claim her but not now, he wanted to toughen her but he knew it was impossible. She was too sweet to be a menace.

"She was dress to impress but you should have seen her. She looked like a clown. Heres the picture" the boy passed round the picture making everyone laugh including Jayden

This made Layla feel sad that they were putting someone down. It didn't feel right to even be sitting with them when they openly humiliated someone to dress a certain way or to feel pretty.