Chapter 23

Chpater 23

"Im done" she found herself saying. It wasn't as going she was giving u rather it was her settling herself free. Free from the pain.

In her thoughts she felt a shiver up her spine,  ignoring it she continued her journey.  Her timid footsteps came to a halt as she felt a powerful presence from behind her, this time feeling paranoid she turned around but she saw nothing but the feeling of something there hadn't left her. It's like as though she was being watched.

"Im going mad" she mumbled to herself laughing at her paranoia. " Its nothing" with a last look over her shoulder she carried her journey.

A strong but yet delicate hand rested itself in her shoulder, she jolted and stood frozen in her spot. The touch felt warm but he was afraid to turn around just. Slowly she found herself turning towards the towering figure that stood behind her. But the fear disappeared as her gaze looked up towards the only man she loved more anything in the world.

She stood frozen in time as her soul was pulled away from the real world. She blinked and she was surrounded by indescribable beauty.

"Come on, my little butterfly I don't look that scary do I? " his soothing voice asked.

A wave of grief washed over her as her trembling fingertips made its way towards the dimples that possessed him when he smiled.

A smile spread across his face as his hands gently grasped onto hands that lay firmly on his cheek.
"Papa?" her voice trembled in confusion . " Papa you came back?" She felt herself being pulled into a hug her father could only give.

"No my little butterfly" he said softly as his thumbs caressed her curly locks.

Closing her eyes Layal felt herself saying "Im hallucinating this isn't real you're not here" she pulled away from the warm embrace. His hand made its way towards her fail shoulder and look of sadness crossed his face.

"Maybe not in this world? But I am here. Im in there" he pointed towards her heart."Thats why I want you to stay strong". He pulled her into a hug. Layla couldn't hold back the sob. She sobbed in his arms. Her fathers arms.

"Im trying" she managed whisper but it it only made her sob harder.

"My dear butterfly this isn't you trying this is you giving up.You walking away from them isn't you moving forward its you trying to forget." Her body trembled as she sobbed. "Forget me Butterfly" even though his voice was gentle it held authority. She clutched onto him shaking her head. " You have to" he hugged her tighter.

Pulling herself together she pulled away from her father's embraced, she managed to finally say.
"I can't face them. All this time I thought maybe I can, but truthfully I can't ." Her head fell into her papas chest. "I need you here with me papa. I need you to come back."  At the moment she felt herself submerged in warmth as her father strong arms wrapped around her shoulders once again. She felt protected a  feeling she thought she lost when her father passed. But she knew that wasn't true, she always felt safe in the arms of Leo.

" I hope I've reminded you that your not alone." He pulled away from her. "As long as I can remember you were always my little butterfly. I know that I made one mistake" Layla looked up at her papa with confusion. " I never let you prove yourself to me. The truth is I never wanted you to get hurt because I knew you were too innocent for this world. But it only made things worse for you because I made you believe you were weak. But that wasn't the truth Layla." He looked at her lovingly. "You were so precious to me and I could never see you get hurt. I saw how evil the world could be so I did everything in my power to shelter you and Im sorry for that."