Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Three days since Layla had collapsed everything seemed to change for the better.

On the first night she was admitted, Layla had to block out the cries from the outside of her hospital room.

Todds cries still haunted her.

As hard as it felt to hear her siblings cry it felt like a burden was lifted off her shoulders. She could finally stop lying to them as they finally knew the truth of her condition.

The hardest part fir Layla to see Todd disappointed in her.

Todd reminded her so much of there father and he acted a lot like him to. Thats why Todd meant the world to Layla. Lying to him was the hardest thing she had ever done to him. She had kept many secrets form his knowing fully well it would break him if he would find out. But she felt like that was her protecting him. But she cane to the realisation that honesty would have protected him just as much as her hiding it.

However the only family member who was left still to be informed was their mother. But Layla and her siblings decided together as a family not tell her, just yet.

During the time in hospital Layla and Holly started developing a positive relationship based on sisterhood.

Holly and Jayden had mutually broken up to respect Layla that day. Though Holly was affected by the breakup Jayden had been relieved. It was his chance to win Layla back.

Even though Layla was saddened about their relationship at the beginning she now gave her blessing. She had found her true love and she didn't want Holly to lose hers.

Layla looked at the door smiling widely as she could smell their scent from a mile away. Her family.

"Hey there" Todd walked shaking off the wet rain from his hair. Her mother soon followed.

"I've picked up a few things. Your favourite snacks." her mother put all the snacks on her bedside table.

"Thank you." She kissed her mother cheeks.

Her mothers smile grew making Layla hug her mothers torso. Her mother stiffened but slowly brought her hand to Layla's back.

Layla felt tears brimming but she held them in. She couldn't have gone through this without her mother, she needed her and having her present in the moment had made Layla's life become beautiful. Nothing mattered to her but her mothers hold.

"I bought you some food packed with iron. Its your iron level. Thats the reason why your looking very pale and fainting so often.And you need to put in a little bit of weight you've lost a lot." Her mother caressed Layla's hair, pulling away from her with a stern but yet loving look.

Todd bit his lip while Layla felt a sense of guilt. She really wanted to tell her but she knew she couldn't. It didn't feel right just yet.

"I don't want you dying on me like your father did" her mother admitted making Layla choke and cough.

"Are you okay?" Her mother rubbed her back gently looking concerned.

"Im fine." she added quickly.

Todd watched on felt the need to end Layla's predicament.

"Mum why don't you go home and rest ans Ill stay the night " Todd interrupted Layla's eyes turned towards him with a look of gratefulness.

"No honey Ill be fine. But thats really nice of you"

"No mum its fine. Honestly." He added sharply with a small smile .

There mother had been staying the night with Layla. Keeping the secret had been harder than they had anticipated.