Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"What was that?" Carl shook his head at his son who stood quietly. "Jayden!" His tone increasingly becoming firm, as he looked at his son in anger.

"Dad it was a misunderstanding!" Jayden defensively argued.

"Don't give me that crap. Alpha Roy said you threatened him in HIS territory!" Carl inhaled. "Do you not get this! It's not about you." His body shook as crossed his arms over his chest, while his son slouched.

His temper began to flare as he watched Jayden nonchalant about the events that just took place. "No personal issues you have with him can affect this pack." Carl inhaled once again massaging his temple as he watched his son shrug his shoulder. "Do you understand?" he asked patronisingly.

Jayden nodded his head looking towards his mother to defend him, but she looked at him with disappointment.

"Layla? When were you going to tell us." His mother added.

Jayden growled under his breath, which made Carl stare his son down daring him to challenge his mother.

"Jayden sweetheart we're only trying to look out for you." His mother spoke doing her best to diffuse the situation.

"She's your mate and your with her sister." Carl couldn't hold back his disgust.

His wife elbowed him but Carl was beyond disgusted.

"Calm down." his wife finally soothingly spoke.

"I've never been this disappointed in him."he told his wife and then turned back to his son. "As an alpha I have always been proud of you but as a werewolf you disgust me. Do you not know how precious your mate truly is?" Jayden's opened eyes were now in a moment of distress. "But you want to be with someone other than her. Im sorry but I've seen that girl go through boys like candy."

Jayden groaned but he wasn't going to stand back and listen to him being attacked.

"Dad. Look it was all blown out of context." Jayden argued frustratedly. He felt as though he wasn't being heard.

"How was that?" Carls voice boomed extending his arm out pointing to the front yard. "You made a mockery out of the me and this pack. Everything I've taught you, you've spat it back into my face! You humiliated her and this family! You don't even understand how precious she truly is. You've lost the best thing that can ever happen to you. So don't act as though your an innocent in all of this." the passion in his fathers voice softened Jayden's stance.

Jayden finally growled after a moment of silence. "Thats why!"
"All she is to you is 'precious'. Not someone who has the ability to run this pack." He spat.

"It doesn't matter how strong she is its about her other traits." Carl calmly spoke. "Like her generosity, her kindness and her honesty which would make her a great Luna. But to you its all about how others perceive her."

"Dads right Jayden you don't know how lucky you truly are." Max from the shadow stood forward.

He couldn't watch this any longer, his hard headed brother thought he knew everything.

"You have to understand what I mean, Max." he pleaded with his brother.

But Max stood his ground shaking his head. "I kept quiet about the rejection. I consoled you when you cried and all you've done is slapped me back in the face. I was trying to show you how well you both would be together."

"I told you so you could at least make me feel better about my decision. Support me!" Jayden looked at Max with disbelief.

Max stood taller glaring at his brother shaking his head in ager. That was the final straw for Max, how could his brother be so stupid. "From everyone she got you! If she was mine I wouldn't let her go." He spat. "You know what I really do hope she lets you go and move on!." Max finally admitted