Chapter Five |Year Three|

Chapter Five |Year 3|

Amelie sat in charms class with the Slytherins, sitting next to her new Slytherin friends, and Professor Flitwick droning on and on, she was utterly clueless about what to do, and blinded with sheer boredness. Daphne Greengrass had proved agreeable, and so did Lexi. The only thing about them that bothered Amelie was their infatuation with the notorious Draco Malfoy and their dislike for the Gryffindors. The other house really weren't bad at all, if you got to know them.

"Ugh, when will he stop talking?" whined Lexi irritably to no one in particular. She flipped her dark brown hair. The young girl was certainly eye-catching, but she thought bitterly of how no boys, especially Draco Malfoy, would notice her when Amelie was here. She could see many boys staring at the French girl, and it slightly bothered Lexi. She used to be the popular, pretty girl. Amelie was still nice, though, and Lexi could see it very likely that they would be very good friends.

"I don't know," whispered Amelie to Lexi, and smiled slightly. "All I know is that he's very boring to listen to," she said smoothly. Amelie's English had improved significantly the past few days, and she could now say sentences without adding in French words. However, she still had a strong accent.

"I get you," Lexi whispered back, emphasizing 'get' popping the t.

"Now you will be learning the cheering charm," announced Professor Flitwick, concluding the end to his previous lesson. Lexi groaned inwardly. Amelie smiled. Her new friend was very interesting indeed.

The professor taught them the incantation, and the students were off. Amelie partnered with Lexi, and Amelie beckoned towards herself to Lexi.

"You can go first,"

"Okey-dokey,"

Lexi held out her wand and mumbled the incantation, and suddenly Amelie was bursting out in a tinkly laugh. She held her stomach, barely breathing, she was laughing so hard, and Lexi dropped her wand, trying to help her friend stop the hysterical laughter.

"Are you alright, Amelie?" she cried frantically, and patted her friend's back, which was all she thought of that would possibly help. Which, it didn't.

Amelie gasped in pain as she kept laughing. The whole class was staring now. Professor Flitwick looked slightly worried as he rushed over to the to the two girls. Amelie's abdomen and chest hurt from laughing so hard. She buckled over, trying to stop laughing. However, her efforts to stop laughing only made her laugh more.

"Oh, dear, I'm guessing you put too much force into the spell?" Professor Flitwick asked Lexi nervously. She shrugged and nodded, flipping her hair once more.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure how I did it," she said, and fluttered her eyes at him.

He frowned. "Well, I do." The midget professor stood up again. "Alright, class dismissed! Miss Pucey, please bring Miss Santerre to the hospital wing."

And with that said, all the students filed out of the room. Lexi brought a giggling Amelie into the halls, and walked her to the hospital wing, where Madam Pomfrey was sitting at her desk. Her flighty expression wavered, and gave way to an irritable veneer when she saw Lexi arrive in the room, holding Amelie.

Madam Pomfrey sighed. "Let me guess. Cheering charm?"

Lexi nodded guiltily. "Yeah - but you know how to heal this, right?"