Chapter Nine |Year Three|

Amelie hadn't seen her Gryffindor friends, the Golden Trio, in a while. They had been busy with their things, and Amelie with hers. She had heard, though, that Ron had woken up to see a knife in the hands of the infamous Sirius Black hovering over him.

And that was how the ginger-haired Weasley became famous. Well, at least in the realm of Hogwarts. Also, Amelie had discovered that Buckbeak had been sentenced for execution, thanks to Lucius Malfoy. Amelie had been enraged to hear this, and confronted Malfoy as soon as she heard the news. Thank goodness it was their Hogsmeade day, Amelie really needed to get out somewhere.

"Malfoy!" she had called to, well, none other than Malfoy.

"What?" he sneered, looking disdainfully bored. Well, two could play at that game, Amelie thought.

"So, I heard a little something..." drawled Amelie, picking at her nails.

"And what was that something?"

"Well, that your father may or may not have marked Buckbeak for execution, which I find highly unfair," said Amelie angrily, switching out of her bored, Snape-inspired personality. "Your father is a prejudiced tyrant, in case you didn't know,"

At this Malfoy had a hard time keeping his emotions in check. So, maybe she was right. So what if his father was prejudiced? "At least my father isn't a blood traitor,"

Amelie's face contorted with anger. "You dare - "

"Aw, a little feisty, aren't we?"

"You say that again and I'll - "

"You'll what? Hurt me? We both know I'll win."

"No, you - "

"Will win? Why, thank you for your faith in me."

"You - "

"No - "

"Why -

"Shut up - "

"You - "

"Dare? Yes, I do," replied Amelie a bit triumphantly. That was the first time she had finished a sentence in quite a while. She punched Malfoy hard, in the cheek, and walked away. "That was for your father," she called back, and walked back towards Lexi and Daphne.

Both of them had shocked expressions on their faces, as if they were surprised that she had just dissed their crush in public so spitefully. Well, scratch that. They were surprised.

Amelie saw Camille walking along with some older girls, and she said goodbye to her friends as she walked up to her sister. "Camille!"

"What do you want," said Camille, still chattering to her friends and throwing the occasional glance at Amelie.

"A week or two ago, you said that you made a bet with a boy that you were going to hook up a boy with me?" said Amelie. "And I said we were going to talk later about it?"

"Well. I don't know if this is 'later,' but, um, okay. I told him to get his ass away from me and my family otherwise he would get hurt."

Amelie raised an eyebrow. "And what did he say?"

"He said a bet's a bet."

"And?"

"I confounded him and put a memory charm on him so he wouldn't remember the bet."