Chapter Sixteen |Year Three|

When Amelie and Draco had headed out to Hogsmeade, there were some things that had happened at the beloved realm of Hogwarts. While they were enjoying themselves fairly well, Harry had been experiencing growing pains from his scar, and when they arrived back and headed to sleep, within the hour, Ron was writhing in his sleep and screaming.

"I'm telling you, I saw him!" screamed Ron at his brother, Percy, who was looking properly miffed. Of course, their loud conversation woke some of their fellow Gryffindors up.

"What's all the noise?"

"Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed!"

Around the room came a commotion of bumbling voices, some annoyed that their invaluable sleep was interrupted, some because they were curious about the emerging argument ricketing between the two Weasley brothers.

"Perce - Sirius Black!" said Ron faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

The common room went very still at Ron's outburst.

"Nonsense!" Percy said, "You had too much to eat, Ron - had a nightmare, better start losing weight..."

"I'm telling you - "

"Now, now, really, that's enough!" Professor McGongall's voice resounded into the room, and the portrait door made a sound as it clanged behind her. She glared at the students. "I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridicuous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" Percy wailed, being the sucker-up he was. He puffed up his chest indignantly. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron had a nightmare - "

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"

"Ask him!" Ron informed Professor McGonagall a bit maliciously, pointing a finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's portrait. "Ask him if he saw - "

Professor McGonagall gave him a patronizing stare, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, as she well should. She stood up, pushed open the portrait door, and went to interrogate the loopy knight.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter the Gryffindor tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!" cried the knight.

The whole audience that had started crowding up went silent.

"You - you did?" procaimed Professor McGonagall alarmingly. She calmed her expression. "But, the password."

"He had 'em!" announced Sir Cadogan proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady , read 'em off a little piece of paper!"

Another silence.

Professor McGonagall pulled a silent, scary appearance as she entered back into the common room. "Which person," she started slowly. "Which abysmally foolish person wrote down the week's passwords and left them lying around?

Another silence.

A terrified squeak sounded from a boy - Neville Longbottom, as he shakily raised his hand.

---

Of course, Amelie hadn't heard this yet. She heard it from the Great Hall in the morning, from Hermione. She idly picked up a small baguette and bit into it, already missing the escargots and cuisses de grenouilles from France.