Chapter Eight |Year Three|

Chapter Eight |Year 4|

In Divination with Professor Trelawney, Amelie was bored. So bored, in fact, that she excused herself to go to the bathroom, and stayed in the bathroom until the end of class. She couldn't take any more of Trelawney's someone-will-be-murdered and I-am-a-seer-and-I-know-all rubbish.

Right when that period was over, Amelie rushed to the silvery trapdoor. On cue, it opened, and a staircase winded its way down to the ground. Amelie mounted it hurriedly and went into the classroom.

Her classmates were already packing up, and Amelie walked to her desk, and grabbed her bag, and slipped her copy of Unfogging the Future back into it. Professor Trelawney hobbled over to Amelie, her face growing sympathetic.

"Oh, did you have some stomach problems in the bathroom?"

Amelie grimaced. This was extremely embarrassing, and her fellow Slytherins were all staring. "Oh - what? Um. Er - yeah, really bad,"

Professor Trelawney made an understanding face. "Dear, don't worry. Every female goes through the same thing. Too many mood swings, I imagine?"

"Oh - uh - well, sure...?" Amelie replied weakly. Some of the boys had begun to snigger. Daphne and Lexi stood to the side, looking empathetic for their friend. Pansy and her posse stood by, whispering to each other.

"Do you need any more toiletries? I have some, if you need them," offered Professor Trelawney helpfully. Then, she bent down to whisper into Amelie's ear, "My moon cycles considerably heavy, and so of course I have all the toiletries you could dream of."

Amelie was sure it was meant to be a whisper, at least, but everyone heard. She nodded, her cheeks growing red, and the class was dismissed.

Once out of the room, Amelie sunk into the wall. "Agh, that was so embarrassing!" she exclaimed to Daphne and Lexi. Lexi nodded.

"I was watching Draco, and he looked very amused. Well, while looking so sexy at the same time," remarked Lexi to the two.

Daphne smiled coyly at Lexi. "Sure, but remember, he's going out with me," she reminded. Lexi scowled, looked down, and picked at her nails, as if it would make her seem like she didn't care.

"Yeah, well, I'm going to ask him, like, now," said Lexi haughtily. "Amelie, come with me."

The French girl rolled her eyes. "Fine, Lexi,"

"Let's go, he's right there, ooh, he looks so, like, yummy, I can see his abs, his cloak, his hair, so blonde, I can already feel the silkiness - " recited Lexi dreamily. "I'm gonna marry him."

"Um, okay - ?" said Amelie. She could honestly not understand how both her Slytherin friends were so unhealthily infatuated with Draco Malfoy.

"Yeah. So let's go. Before I can marry him, I've gotta ask him out, if you didn't realize that," said Lexi, tossing her hair back.

"But don't try to steal him from me," said Daphne, suddenly looking worried.

"See, that's the point! I don't have to! He already dislikes you, so he'll, like, come running to me, cause, like, I'm just that awesome," Lexi stated matter-of-factly, then pulled out some lip gloss and slathered it onto her already glossed-many-times lips.

Daphne looked wounded. "That's not true, he - "

Amelie got in between the fight before they could get much further into it. "Okay, okay, both of you like him. Why don't we let Lexi ask him out, let him go on both dates, and see who he likes best?"