Chapter Ten |Year Three|

"Drakey-poo!" called Lexi to Malfoy as Daphne, Lexi, and Amelie exited the girls' dorm. Malfoy was waiting for Lexi outside, in the common room with Blaise. Daphne looked injured, she still harbored deeply felt feelings for Malfoy, and Amelie was just aggravated. Aggravated that Malfoy would use her friend in such a way...

"Lexi," said Malfoy in a sweet voice. They immediately proceeded to snogging. It wasn't even a sweet, romantic way. It was practically them raping each other, almost.

Amelie wrinkled her nose and led Daphne out of the portrait hole. For some reason, she just couldn't bear to stand there and watch them snog. It hurt her heart greatly. Besides, today was not a day to feel miserable. Her first game against Hufflepuff was today!

After a hearty breakfast, Amelie headed to her dorm to change into her Slytherin uniform. When she got to the pitch, however, Flint was there, looking indignant as he faced down the Gryffindor team. After a few last harsh words, he turned and saw Amelie.

"What's going on?" she asked earnestly. He scowled.

"We're not playing today, and bloody Gryffindor's not happy about it."

"Wait, why?"

"Because our seeker, Malfoy, broke his bloody arm, that's why!"

"Don't we have a replacement?" asked Amelie, careful not to get to into this situation. Flint shrugged and then resumed his scary facade.

"No, we don't. Now stop asking questions, puny third-year, and leave!" he snarled, and Amelie backed up, holding her hands up,

"Fine, fine..."

She changed back to her robes quicklly, and headed towards Defense of Dark Arts. The subject was a popular one, highly anticipated by most students. Excluding Malfoy and his goons, of course.

She met up with Daphne again, and they walked towards Professor Lupin's room together. When they arrived, however, the professor who was standing in the room came to them as a bit of a nasty shock.

Professor Snape stood at the front of the classroom at looked at the students who were arriving sharply. Many of them who were arriving were looking around bewilderingly, as if wondering where Professor Lupin was. In fact, Amelie was wondering the same thing, so she decided to ask.

"Professor Snape?" she asked, raising her hand. his hand turned her way, and he scowled at her.

"Well?"

Amelie was, for once, glad she was a Slytherin. "Um, forgive me to ask - but, where's Professor Lupin?"

He glared at her. "Do not ask such ridiculous questions in my class. He is merely taking care of some unfinished business, no need for you to stick your nosy heads into it. Now sit down," he said monotonously.

"As Professor Lupin has not left any record of what we have done so far - " he started, and Daphne raised her hand.

"Sir, we've done, er - boggarts, red caps, kappas, grindylows - "

"I was merely commenting on Lupin's lack of organization, you foolish girl," he snapped at Daphne, who shrunk down with a hurt expression written all over her face. "Today, we will be learning about werewolves. The concepts Lupin's been teaching you are so easy, a first year could do it. Now, turn to page 394."

When the class hesitated, he glared at the whole class. "All of you! Now!"

Amelie immediately flipped open her textbook and looked through, trying to find page number 394. She found it, and it had passages about werewolves and hideous, deranged photos with werewolves in them. Amelie grimaced, and she looked over at Daphne, who looked quite repulsed.