Chapter Seventeen |Year Three|

Amelie's life was becoming very boring. The only exciting part in her life had happened a few weeks ago, when she, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle, had been berated with snowballs by an invisible Harry, and then to top that off, the Marauder's Map had been confiscated by Professor Remus J. Lupin.

Exams were also nearing the anxious third years, and most of them were fervently studying. Hermione practically lived at the library now, and when they saw her it was for meals or classes. Her free periods were almost always spent locking up herself in a room, to do homework or study.

It seemed like only she wasn't stuck in this exam fever. Lexi had been growing distance between Daphne and her, and she had been with Pansy recently. Amelie tried talking to her, but Lexi would either ignore her or cut her off.

Amelie entered the Charms classroom, ready to take her exam. One more exam down,and then hopefully her friends' former glory would be restored. She got ready to sit in her regular seat, but saw that Pansy was sitting in it.

"What the hell, Pansy?" Amelie snapped at the pug-faced girl.

"Well, clearly Lexi didn't want to sit next to you, so I'm sitting next to her instead. Shoo, fly," Pansy sneered at the French veela.

"Are you talking to a mirror?" asked Amelie. "Because I'm pretty sure you are."

"How dare you - " snarled Pansy.

"Amelie, you should leave. In case you didn't know, we're taking an exam?" butt in Lexi. Pansy sat back, crossing her arms, supplying her unattractive face with an even more unattractive smirk.

"What's wrong with you?" Amelie whispered to Lexi as she headed to the only seat left - which was in between Crabbe and Goyle. Oh, she was so lucky. She pulled out the chair, set her books onto the table, and then sat in the seat rigidly as Professor Flitwick started to give out instructions for the exam. She noticed Daphne giving her a pitiful glance.

"First, you will write two pages about what the Cheering charm does, the effects, the pronunciation, the color, etcetera. After, you will perform it."

He passed out pieces of parchment, and Amelie quickly got to work, ignoring Crabbe's loud inhaling and exhaling to the right of her. The cheering charm is a charm that, when performed, causes the person it is performed on to start hysterically laughing. The effect varies on how strong the incantation or force the speaker used ...

Amelie kept writing, and she was confident she'd get at least an Exceeds Expectations. After all, she had experienced the dramatics of being placed in the hospital wing because of that particular charm. She finished quickly, in the span of about fifty-five minutes, which was, Professor Flitwick, concluded, freakishly fast.

After everyone was done, in which Amelie waited double the amount of time it took her to finish the writing part of the exam. Professor Flitwick started giving instructions for the physical part.

"Pair out into groups of two, I'm going to grade you on the Cheering Charm," he said, and the class immediately rose up to start to pair off into partners.

As Amelie walked towards Daphne, a hand grabbed her and she stumbled. "Ow!" she muttered. Yep, she definitely wasn't in the mood today.

She whirled around to look at the person who had dragged her arm. Of course. Draco. He looked at her hopefully. "Do you want to be partners?" he asked down at her earnestly. She smiled a little at his attempt.

"Sure," she said shrugging, then shooting an apologetic glance at Daphne. She nodded at her, to go on, and so she turned back to Draco. She remembered when they had learned how to perform the Cheering Charm, and how that had turned out. She grimaced at the thought...