Chapter Six | Year Three |

Chapter Six |Year Three|

"Draco, please go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" Pansy relentlessly. The young Malfoy was extremely aggravated by her constant pleading, and he scowled at her.

"How many times do I have to say no, Parkinson?" he replied irritably. Pansy pouted.

"I thought I told you to call me Pansy! But, of course, Pansy-poo or Pansy-kins will work, too," suggested Pansy, eyes wide. Pansy was aiming for looking adorable, but instead she just made her face look more like a pug's than ever.

Draco saw Blaise walking with Crabbe and Goyle towards him, and he sighed with relief when they reached him and the whiny girl.

"Having fun, Draco?" asked Blaise, raising an eyebrow. He'd recently waxed his eyebrows and was now raising his eyebrows often. Draco glared at Pansy and sent her a mental message to leave. She, fortunately, obeyed.

"Parkinson wishes," grumbled Draco. He crossed his arms and looked over at his two lackeys, Crabbe and Goyle. "For now, c'mon, we have Care of Magical Creatures."

Draco folded up his timetable and sighed. The big buffoon, Hagrid, the expelled half-breed, was teaching the class. He wondered why he'd ever signed up for the class.

The foursome walked quickly towards Hagrid's hut, where there was a space beside it. That would be where they would be learning about, well, magical creatures. Draco saw the golden trio and the Sytherin blood traitor coming, and unconsciously reached up to touch his bleach-blonde hair.

"Well, well," he drawled as swaggered towards the four. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Amelie all spun aroudn to glare at him. He ignored Amelie the way he always did, because although he would not admit it, he was quite fond of her. "What do we have here?"

Ron's face grew visibly redder. "Sod off, Malfoy," he said rudely. Draco grinned.

"Why should I, when Crabbe, Goyle, and I here can have some fun with you all?" he shot back. They all took out their wands, but Amelie frowned at all of them.

"Hagrid's here, and class is starting! Stop fighting, and pay attention!" she told all six of them, shushing them all. Draco liked her accent. It was cute - and plus, it made her sound original. And cute.

Hagrid had indeed arrived, and students quieted down when he clapped his hands together. What a great oaf, Draco thought with contempt.

"Welcome, class, ter Care o' Magical Creatures- ," Hagrid cleared his throat, then continued, " - 's abou' time we started, ay?"

Then came a chorus of "yes's" from the student body gathered around Hagrid. He grinned.

"Alrigh', I 'spected yeh bin wanting to start a'ready," He said, and beckoned towards a majestic, grey animal of some sort with great, big feathery wings and a hostile gleam in it's eye. "Here is a hippogriff, a very proud creatyre, could'a bin a Slytherin if it had bin sorted," he said, and gave a chuckle.

No Slytherin laughed at that, except for Amelie. Her laugh was as pleasant as her face, and Draco suspected that many boys would now like to make her laugh again. Not, of course, that he himself would.

"Who'd like to vol'nteer to pet the hippogriff, his name's Buckbeak, yeh?" Hagrid asked, then looked expectantly to the students. They all fidgeted and swarmed backwards. Amelie raised her hand, however, and Hagrid smiled at her.

"Alrigh', 'n. Amelie! Remember ter say compliments an' nice things," reminded Hagrid. Amelie shot him a grin and made her way towards Buckbeak.