Chapter 1

A/N: Hello dear Wattpad readers, I hope you truly do enjoy this book. This is my very first book and I am so excited to get started on this! The first two chapters are short because this is just a simple introduction of both Brooklyn and Kadence so please bear with me on this. After chapter one and two (the short chapters) it does get lengthier on throughout the book, so please... enjoy the story of It's Her.

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I've dealt with it before, the loose ends. From time to time everything has a beginning, a bond. A single thread starts out lonely but destined to be an item. A group of friends working with each other, weaving back and forth. Then you're finally done except you look back on that soft sweater and see this loose strand, a loose end. Well, that's what I am.

People like to decorate their lockers but I don't quite understand. A locker is just a stone cold piece of junk being constantly filled with crumpled paper and pictures hung up like frames in a fancy house. That's my opinion though, I'm not as caring for a locker, it's just a use for me. I don't really stand out in the crowd because of sports or grades, I'm kind of just a float. People don't really notice me, which is rather fine. Instead, I rather am in my own bubble and not be known to the crowds.

Most of the time I spend my free time in the school library, it's just perfect. Spacious, tall bookshelves, two floors, and multiple corners for me to sit and read. I told you, I'm not smart but that doesn't stop me from admiring to read non-school books. I guess I can say... I'm just Brooklyn.

I'm a girl who looks to keep to herself, I've been attending this high-class school for the past four years, finally a senior, and no one has noticed me. I want to keep it that way. Just two-hundred and eighty-four days till graduation, yes I am counting down hoping to get out of this hell hole.

There's one simple rule that I apply to myself before I walk in the doors which is one, don't socialize with anyone unless it's about school work. Two, my mindset is set to college and three, the simple rule of survival with my own emotional state.

As I sit in math class with the same homework we've been going over since class started, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. A loud growl escaped, how embarrassing. Right, I didn't have breakfast... I should probably grab a bag of chips after this.

The class was dismissed and I took my fair time packing unlike everyone else. The boys were obnoxiously loud howling and cheering. I'm usually the last one to leave, plus everyone is going to lunch next so I see no hurry. I walked out of the classroom still shuffling books into my bag and I hear roaring down the crowded hallway. I forgot, the Football team won last night and that explains the obnoxious boys cheering.

Tucking my black and brown hair behind my ear, walking to the Library door with my hand near the handle. Before I could open it the door flung open smacking me right in the face and my body. 

My bag fell to the ground, and my papers started to scamper everywhere. Great.

Did this person really just do that, how could she not see me? There's a window on the door.

"God! I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed.

"Let me help you, I'm so sorry..." She kept apologizing.

Geez, this girl talks a lot, someone make it stop I said to myself.

"A-Are you okay?" She muttered

Her voice was sweet but preppy and her scent was like modern roses. Not saying anything still, I grabbed my bags from the floor and stood. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and closed my eyes taking a large exhale. Everything just keeps getting worse and worse with my life, what next world?

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine," I said annoyingly.

Not making eye contact I walked inside sitting in my usual corner.

A/N: Hey guys! this is my first book and I know it might not be the best or the most interesting beginning for a chapter, but please stick with me because I have many juicy details and unfolding cliffhangers for you guys to read. Much love xx Jess

p.s. and yes! Nina Dobrev will be playing Brooklyn.