Chapter 41

A/N: Hello! Comment while reading or comment below! Anywaysss...

Enjoy~~~~

Kadence's P.O.V

Everything suddenly stopped moving.

Two shots went off, but I could only pay attention to the first one. The one where it left my ears ringing, what I saw was the last thing I would ever want to see.

No...

No...

No...

I shook my head.

My throat started to hurt, the lump was so large that my tears came out all at once. All I could do was scream as if every ounce of beautiful love vanished, my ribs were compressed and had lost air. Everything was shaking, my body was shaking. The Earth around me suddenly started to move slowly, and my heart had the urge to jump out of my chest because of the pain.

My ears were still ringing from the sound and my body felt light and lonely. My eyes were still stuck on Brooklyn's body, she tilted her head back and started to fall. I ran towards her and quickly grabbed her from behind, I fell to my knees and collapsed on the ground with the weight of her body against mine.

I gently held her and let out a loud cry, my hot tears were scorching against my cheeks, I looked down to see her soft face. Her eyes were closed and her skin was cold, her skin was damaged, she was hurt... Everything started to go at a fast pace now, this was real, Brooklyn was dying in my arms.

"Brooklyn! Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn!" I said while shaking her.

My voice was cracking.

"Open your eyes! Keep your eyes open! Stay awake!"

I felt something warm run down my leg.

Please don't be, please don't be... blood.

I looked down and saw Brooklyn's shirt spotted with bright red. I bit my bottom lip, she can't die on me, no, not yet. She can't leave me! Focus Kadence...

"What the fuck happened!" I heard Casey yelled at me.

"I heard a fucking gunshot all the way at the car, Ellie and Jamie are on the phone with the police right now. An ambulance... is, is on the w-way... Oh my god Brooklyn."

She said while looking down, she got on her knees and started to touch her gently.

"Don't touch her! J-Just don't! She's in pain." I yelled.

She looked up at me shocked at yelling at her, she shook her head and started to take off her top showing off Brooklyn's thin body. You could see her ribs, she hasn't eaten in a while, days probably...

"W-What are you doing?" I mumbled.

"She has a bullet in her god damn chest! I'm trying to fucking apply pressure so she could stop bleeding out! Now stop fucking yelling at me and help me turn her to her side to see if the bullet came out."

I did what she said and there was no exit, the bullet didn't come out...

"You are a daughter of two surgeons. Tell me what's wrong with her."

My mind went blank, I don't know what to do, I've only seen my parents operate. My dad tried teaching me but I quickly zoned out and I didn't really pay attention. I sat there with Brooklyn's head laying on my lap, I turned to see Donavon kneeling on the ground next to Mr. Scott.

He looked like he was lifeless or maybe knocked out, I don't know what was happening. I didn't pay attention to them, I focused on Brooklyn, she was my priority right now.