Chapter 40

A/N: Comment below on what you think.

Enjoy ~~~~~

Brooklyn's P.O.V

My dad was roughly driving back to our house while I was being tossed around in the passenger seat like a bean bag sack. His sharp turns made the tires screech loudly and skidded across the heavy puddled waters. I didn't have the strength to strap my seatbelt around my waist. I was losing energy that I had before, I knew I couldn't be able to move as much. 

Taking my mind off my tired body, I looked towards my dad, his face was dripping with water. The look on his face looked like he was about to kill someone; what was he talking about earlier? A code? What code?

The long treacherous ride was finally over and I looked out the window to see the house, it looked the same and not damage. I saw my dad's angry face appeared closely at my side window which startled me, when did he get out of the car? The door swung open, man I was really losing it, my energy was down low and I didn't even notice we were already inside the house.

I was thrown down to the floor in my bedroom and felt a stinging slap across my face.

"Where is it?!" He yelled

Papers were thrown everywhere and he started to search my room like a maniac, I laid on my floor feeling drained from everything. He left my room and went to his, I heard cabinets opening and closing roughly. His groans and grunts were loud leaving him with disappointment by not finding this 'code,' I still had no idea what he was talking about.

I closed my eyes wanting to pass out, my bed was taunting me just for a nights rest without any worry. I knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon, how come I've never just given up? I asked the question in my head, I wanted to cry but there was nothing left.

I felt myself being thrown to the ground again, his strong callous hands had much greater strength than what I had.

"You know and I know that mommy left a large amount of money for you, only you can access it! I know you know the code! I know you know where it is!"

I didn't respond but I knew what he was talking about, my bank account. My mom left me a large amount of money but I don't really know how much exactly. I also knew I would be able to access it when I'm eighteen but I'm not there yet.

I always knew my dad was a gold digger, all he ever wanted was money and probably the only reason why he married my mother. Except she wanted to be ordinary, she didn't want to live like her parents did probably. They were in the Hamptons, they lived lively but classy and I was inspired by her... She was my role model.

"I-I don't know-"

I felt another stunning slap across my face, I should've expected that.

"Shut up! Yes, you do!"

"I don't... Dad, please just s-stop."

"I am not your father and I will never be your father." He sneered.

He went around clamoring around his room again, probably still looking for it but I felt a high click lock sound. I looked up slowly to see my dad pointing a gun at me...

Would he really... Shoot his own daughter.

"Don't say anything, how about we take a visit to see mommy? Maybe you can be buried next to her." He laughed.

He grabbed my wrist and put the gun near my body, I felt the tension between the death machine and my waist. I didn't whimper, I didn't move, I couldn't do any of that and if I did... There would be no doubt about it that he would fire it.