Chapter 31

A/N: For me it is the day after Christmas and I am at a Ski Resort! I decided to give you guys a small chapter as a present today. I hope everyone is happy and safe these past couple days and I love you guys very very much. 

Please comment below or while reading the chapter. 

Enjoy ~~~

Brooklyn's P.O.V

"Guys Christmas is in four days!" Ellie squealed.

I sat on her couch with Kadence and the boys were sitting on the bean bags below us. Jamie was grabbing snacks from the kitchen. The plan for tonight was relaxing in Ellie's giant movie theater room and settling down to watch some movies.

Instead of watching the classic Christmas movies they decided to vote on some horror films, totally not my favorite.

"I'm going to check up on Jamie," Luke said.

He slowly got up and went to the kitchen, I saw Ellie give him a low stare. What was that about? I felt a small tug around my waist which was Kadence, I felt the small butterflies started to swarm in my stomach. We were technically cuddling on the couch while everyone else sat individually to themselves.

"Are you excited?" Kadence whispered.

"It's a horror movie so... No." I laughed.

It felt nice having Kadence around on Christmas. The past couple days have been different considering I spent it alone for the past couple of years. Going ice-skating yesterday was thrilling yet embarrassing because I looked like a beginner.

The place was absolutely gorgeous and when we kissed I swear... This girl is going to kill me. I laughed again and the movie started to roll.

Jamie and Luke came back just in time with candy and popcorn, they were both laughing and I could tell there was a sort of a flirtation. Jamie sat next to Ellie and passed the food towards her, she didn't seem to be as happy tonight. Maybe she's still trying to get over Jamie.

Kadence was a bit upset last night because Jacob and I never got a Christmas tree, I haven't had one in a long time. Jacob was crammed in the emergency room lately. Him and Caroline haven't had time to look through the files but it's understandable especially around this time of year with multiple car accidents.

Once the snow was falling the roads were starting to get blocked and packed. Kadence understood the situation but she kept pouting. Finding the file was getting me anxious and nervous. The patience was killing me, I want to know but at the same time, I really don't.

The movie was playing but I didn't really pay attention, especially to the gory parts or the jump scares.

"Hey, I have to go to the bathroom real quick..." I whispered to Kadence.

She nodded and let go of my waist leaving me cold, I wanted to crawl back into her arms yet I had the urge to go. I left the room to go to the bathroom pass the kitchen.

I came back out and Donavon was in the kitchen, I tensed up by his presence and not only because he was a strong athlete. His presence made me scared because of the incident at the party, which still replays in my head.

He stood over the counter eating out of the bowls, his back was turned against me. I slowly made my way past him.

"Brooklyn wait."

Damn it. I was hoping I could sneak past him, I slowly turned around and his face was scrunched while munching on his chip. Donavon's hand was held up in the air while the other was covering his mouth from his loud chewing.