Chapter 22

A/N: As you can see I've been updating at least once a week, I've had plenty of time to write except I've been holding off on typing it out because I mean... let's face it I'm lazy as hell. That doesn't mean I will stop writing though! I just do things at the last minute. Anyways this is the revealing of who Casey is Ah! so excited. 

Comment while reading! Enjoy ~~~~

Brooklyn's P.O.V

"Surprise!" Casey squealed.

She embraced me in a narrow hug.

"W-What are you, um- ... doing here." I stuttered.

"Well to see my best friend of course."

"Best friends? Since when?" I snapped.

I swiftly tore the hug between us and took a step back, why was she here? The last person that was ever on my mind was her, she still looked the same after a year and a half. Her short blonde shoulder length hair fell onto both sides

"Geez, you've seemed to change." She withdrew.

"It's been a while, Casey, what are you really doing here?"

"Can we just go out? I mean I would like to catch up with you first, it's been a year and a half since I last saw you..." she mumbled.

She walked in past me without even asking and I closed the door slowly still having the sick feeling of being utterly shocked.

"What are your plans for today?" she asked.

Casey faced the living room. I haven't had time to clean up the house, of course, the linger of beer and liquor still lingered the air. I saw her back stiffen straight and turned back around to face me.

"I, uh... I was just studying."

"Let's go out somewhere like the mall or to a restaurant."

Then again I don't have a dress for the dance, and I guess talking other won't be too bad. Just a couple hours.

"Fine, let's go to the mall. I need a dress anyways."

Her smile grew wider as if she were the Cheshire cat but I could only stiffen my face with a cold look.

"Look at you! Since when did you ever go to a dance?"

"Oh shut up, I'll explain later," I mumbled.

~~~~~~

The whole car ride was hell, she talked non-stop about what happened within the year and a half. The drama, her family, the parties, I was sick of it. Thankfully we made it to the mall in one piece or I would've driven off a bridge. The drive was a while but I think that was just Casey talking.

Making our in the way inside the warm building filled with people and the smell of coffee was in the air, meaning a coffee shop was nearby which means tea. I walked over to the small shop without having a second thought and ordered a medium hot green tea with lemon, honey, and a dab of mint.

"Jesus Brooklyn!" I heard Casey yell.

I didn't pay attention to her, I was focused on the people on the other side of the glass to make sure they made my order perfectly.

"I started to walk one way for a second and you were gone." She said out of breath.

"Sorry," I said not meaning to sound apologetic.

"But of course I would find you; you tend to follow the scent of coffee. Which I don't know how you could drink that stuff."

I rolled my eyes and picked up my drink at the end. We made our way to the stores and I started to question about the dance, I mean why is it so fancy? Shit, I don't even know how to do makeup for my life.