Chapter 8 - We All Need To Exercise More, Don't We?

What the heck am I supposed to do now? Elron looked at the bold old woman who was riding above the ocean with him.

Ira was also deep in thought. If I thought things were awkward before... well my expectations will surely be shattered.

Granny was not so deep in thought. I wonder what's for dinner tonight.

"So what, do we just go back to where we were before we left?" asked Elron.

"Yeah, I guess," replied Ira. "I mean, I don't know what else to do."

"Just skip to the Elite Four," suggested Granny. "It's been awhile since I've seen that Agatha."

Wrong Elite Four, but nice try. Elron leaned forward and told Bagel where to fly to. Back to the space just around Striaton City it was.

-----

They all landed, and then the real question finally popped into their minds.

"Wait, what are we going to do about your clothes and stuff, Granny?"

"Oh yeah," said Ira. "What are we going to do about that? You just rushed after us without backing anything."

"Don't worry, young ones, I came prepared..." She grinned an almost sadistic grin. "...To fly back every night to get some proper sleep!"

Elron couldn't believe what he was hearing. He leaned over to Ira and whispered to her. "We can just leave her when we do that, right?"

"Please do. We can at least stand today though."

They nodded in agreement and kept along their way. It wasn't long until they were stopped though.

"I'm tired of walking," said Granny in a whiny voice.

He turned around with an annoyed squint. "Can't you have Meowstic just fly you around then?"

The cat meowed next to its owner, indicating that it too was too tired to go on.

"Maybe the tiredness grows in the family," joked Ira. "Because I'm also getting tired."

Elron sighed. "Fine, we'll take a break. There's a river nearby, so if you need me I'll be there." He waved his hand and walked off into the trees.

Ira looked back and forth between her grandma and Elron quickly, trying to make a decision of who to stay with.

"Go swimming if you want," said Granny. "It's something you can really only truly enjoy in your youth. I have Meowstic to keep me company anyways."

"Oh, alright." She followed after him.

When she caught up, he was already taking off his shirt. He wasn't as muscular as she expected, but he had some definition.

He looked confusedly at her. "I thought you were too tired to do anything?"

"I still have energy left!" she replied back.

"Whatever." He kicked off his boots and dove into the water, still wearing his long pants suspended by a belt. He popped up out of it and looked at her. "What's wrong? Aren't you going to get in?"

"I need to get changed first!"

"Oh yeah, girls don't normally wear their swimsuits underneath their clothes..."

"What would make you think that we did?!"

He went silent for a second. "Don't worry about it. Just a weird habit of Flora." He went back under to avoid her gaze. Underwater, he curled up in a ball, letting the sunlight sprinkle the caustic patterns across his body in peace. His hair floated every which way in the water. He spun around slowly as he gradually used up his breath. You're supposed to have moved on, Elron! Stop bringing up her name all the time! Get out of your hiding and apologize to Ira for making things awkward! He unwrapped himself and swam to the surface. "Hey!"