Chapter 1

"Clara, can you come down here for a second?"

I stop unpacking the box on my bed filled with my favourite books and movies. I carry the pile of books from my bed over to my bookshelf against my wall. In no order, I set them on the shelf with the rest of my books before strolling out of my bedroom.

My family just moved to this new town, Beacon Hills, and now everyone is busy unpacking their own things. We started moving things in yesterday, but tonight is our official night here in this house. After so many moves to new towns, all of us have grown our own pattern to unpacking. Allison and I normally stick to our bedrooms while our parents do everything else. Mom always likes everything to be a specific way, so we've learned over the years to not bother her.

I bound down the stairs, finding my dad in the kitchen with a box full of pans. Dad spins around, holding a medium sized box in his hand. He quirks an eyebrow at me and points to the box with his free hand.

"Ah!" I grab the box out of his hands. "I've been looking for this!"

"Good thing I found it and not your mother." Dad smiles at me, going back to unpacking the box.

I tuck the box under my arms. "Oh, right. God forbid that I have a secret stash of junk food in my room for my midnight hunger." I joke, quietly.

Dad places the pans in a cabinet near the stove. "We're ordering pizza tonight."

"Good. I'm hungry." I adjust the box in my hands.

"Clara!" Allison shouts from upstairs.

Dad chuckles, motioning for me to go find my twin. Spinning on my heel, I go back the way I came up the stairs and down the hallway. Allison's room is right next to mine and I walk right into her room. Allison is pacing in front of her closet. Boxes are stacked against the far wall while everything else in her room is already done.

"There you are!" Allison beams when she sees me.

"What's up?" I jump on her made bed.

Allison twirls around, her back to her closet. "What are you wearing tomorrow?"

I set my box next to her bed on the floor. "You know, I was thinking really hard about this all day and I think I'm going to wear some clothes." I smirk when Allison playfully glares at me.

"Clara, I'm being serious." Allison whines, tossing a pillow at my head.

I dodge the pillow. "So am I! I really don't want to go to school on my first day naked. Maybe a little bit later in the year, but probably not." I giggle at Allison, who is trying not to laugh.

"You're not allowed to go to school naked because then all the guys will want to date you and I'll be the only one sticking to our no boyfriend until college pact." Allison shakes her finger at me.

I snort in laughter. "Yeah, okay. I could look like a runway model and I still wouldn't get a boyfriend. I'm not worried about breaking our deal." Allison tosses another pillow at my head. "Stop throwing pillows at me!"

"Then stop being so hard on yourself. Besides, you don't want a boyfriend. They are too much work." Allison searches through her closet for an outfit.

I jump up from her bed, looking through her closet. "Not to mention that most of them just want to get in your pants."

"And, I'll kill any guy that even thinks of laying a finger at you." Dad adds, walking into Allison's room with a pizza menu.

Allison holds up a red shirt. "Don't worry, dad. We don't want boyfriends." She turns to me. "What about this?"