Chapter 18

> Allison pads into my bedroom, already in her pajamas for the night. I scroll through my phone, tapping on a new message from Stiles. The night of the parent/teacher conference, Stiles' dad was hit by a car backing out of a parking spot. It was nothing serious, but I've been keeping on tabs on how his dad has been doing and Stiles and I have gotten closer as friends.

> "Scott finally left?" I text a quick reply back.

> "Shh!" Allison quickly shuts my door behind her. She walks over to the edge of my bed, where my head is from laying on my stomach. "How did you know he was here?"

> I scoot backwards to sit up on my knees. "Allison, I'm your sister, I know everything and he waved to me when he was climbing on the roof."

> Allison laughs and plops down on my bed next to me. "So, um..." Her expression turns serious. "I need to ask you something."

> I stretch my legs, crossing my ankles. "Please tell me you aren't pregnant. Yes, I would love to be an Aunt, but we both know that neither you or Scott are ready for that."

> "Oh, god, no." Allison covers her face with one hand. "I was, uh- Mm..."

> "Allison, what is it?" I match her seriousness.

> She bites her lip. "Are you hiding something from me? I'm sorry if it sounds foolish. It's just that-" Allison stares down at her hands in her lap. "I haven't seen much of you lately and I feel like we aren't as close as we used to be."

> My cheeks heat up as blood pools in my cheeks. She knows. She must know. Why else would Allison ask me this question? Or maybe she has no idea about the training or Derek and just thinks that we really are falling apart? "You're right. I am hiding something."

> "Oh." Allison frowns.

> "I, um-" I start to say when my phone starts ringing from a phone call from Stiles. "I have a crush on Stiles. I just didn't know how to tell you, so I guess I avoided you."

> A crush on Stiles?! Are you kidding me? I couldn't think of anything better than that? There's no way that Allison is going to believe that.

> "Awh!" Allison gushes, no longer serious. "Oh my god! That's so cute! Answer his call!"

> I catch my phone when she tosses it at me. I swallow, thickly, pressing the button to answer the call. "Hello?"

> "Sorry to call you, but I just wanted to see if Scott is over there. He isn't answering his phone."

> "No, not here." I awkwardly laugh under Allison's stare.

> "Ask him out." She whispers. I violently shake my head. No. There's no way I'm doing that. "Please?"

> "No!" I cover the mouth piece.

> Allison reaches out for my phone. "Fine I'll do it then."

> I wiggle away from her outstretched hands. "Stop!"

> "What?" Stiles asks, confused.

> "Oh, sorry, Stiles." I apologize. "My sister is just being a pain."

> "Clara has something to ask you!" Allison shouts loud enough for Stiles to hear.

> I slap her arm with my left hand. "Allison!"

> "You do?"

> I evilly glare at my twin sister. "No, I'm sorry, I don't."