Chapter 5

Allison latches on to my arm on our way out of the school. "Oh, god. There he is." She whispers, eyes focused on the guy she has been trying so hard to avoid all day.

"Why don't you go talk to him instead of avoiding him?" I peel her fingers from my arm. "He's been trying to talk to you all day, Allison. Just go see what his reason was for ditching you at the party the other night."

She stops walking completely. "Okay. Yeah, I'll do that."

Scott and Stiles are only standing a little bit away from us. I wait for Allison to walk over to Scott, except no movement is made from her. Her teeth gnaw on her lower lip as she slyly watches Scott interact with his best friend. I sigh, realizing she won't move unless someone makes her, aka me. Stiles has already glanced in our direction twice now, so he must have told Scott that we are only a few feet away.

"Hey, Scott!" I cup my hands over my mouth.

"Clara!"

Scott spins around, his whole face brightening up when he sees my sister. Okay, that is just adorable. I nudge Allison in the back, ushering her forward. Scott jogs over to us, merely glimpsing in my direction. He could care less about me when my twin is around.

"Allison, hey." Scott beams.

"I'll just be over here." I point to where Stiles is staring at the ground. "Hey, Plaid."

Stiles furrows his eyebrows, clearly confused by his new nickname. "Did you just call me Plaid? Why?"

I cross my arms over my chest. "Because you wear a lot of stripes."

"Is sarcasm your only defense, too?" Stiles cracks a smile.

I purse my lips. "Or one of them." Stiles gives me a weird look. "My dad had me take kick boxing lessons when I was younger. He said I should always be able to take care of myself. Allison never wanted to take them, so it was just me. My dad actually had me take a bunch of different lessons. I never quite understood why."

Stiles casually backs away from me by a couple steps. "I'm just going to stand over here. But, uh, I think I would feel safer if there was always a two feet radius between the two of us from now on."

"Really, Stiles?" I laugh.

"Just a little reassurance."

"I'm not going to hurt you."

Stiles scoffs and takes another step away from me. "Yeah, that's what all killers in the movies say and then they slash your throat." He makes dramatic hand movements.

"It's been years since I've taken those lessons. I barely remember any of it." I reassure him.

A car horn honks from the end of the sidewalk and I turn to see my dad, leaning up against the side of his truck. His eyes look right past me and looks directly at Scott. Why is he looking at him like that? I understand that Dad is protective of us, but he completely overlooked Stiles, he normally would have looked at Stiles.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I hike my purse on my shoulder better.

Allison is still chatting to Scott when I reach our dad and he even opens the front door for me. Once my door is shut, I toss my bag to the floor and buckle in my seatbelt as I look back out of the window, I see Allison walking towards the car with our dad and Scott having a stare down. Please tell me that Scott is not trying to intimidate my dad because that's not going to work.

The door behind me opens up and Allison slides into the seat. "So, Scott said he had some kind of attack and that's why he had to leave."

I twist in my seat to look back at her. "Like a panic attack?"