Chapter 7

I don't think I have ever hated Lydia more than I have tonight. We have barely known each other for a week, but there is something's that she does that pisses me off. Tonight, has won the gold trophy.

Once I walked back to where Lydia and Jackson were in the hospital, they were completely. That's when I started to panic. My worst assumptions came true when I ran out to the parking lot to find the silver Porsche nowhere to be found. They left without me. I tried to call my dad to pick me up, but as soon as I heard the dialing tone, my phone died.

Now, I'm walking on the side of the road back to my house, freezing and all alone. The sun set about thirty minutes ago, leaving me to walk in the dark with only street lamps to guide me. The temperatures have dropped even lower and I regret only wearing a semi thin sweater instead of a jacket. I was smart enough to wear boots, so my feet don't freeze like they would if I wore my converse like I was originally planning.

I wrap my arms around my body, teeth chattering against the frigid breeze. The woods show up on my right side and my house is just on the other side of them. I stop walking for a second. If I cut through the woods, I could be home in ten minutes, yet I could also risk running into a wild animal. Ah. Screw it. I really need a warm shower right now, so I'm okay with that risk.

The woods look far more creepier at night then during the day when I go running. Every shadow looks like someone is watching me. I've heard way too many twigs snap in the distance. I regret this decision all ready. I spin around to head back to the road, except I'm completely surrounded by trees.

"I'm going to die out here." I whisper to myself.

A bright light catches my eye from a little bit away. This could be a really good idea or a really bad one that could result in me getting murdered. I slowly make my way over to where the light is, trying not to make any noise.

"What if he comes back?" An awfully familiar voice asks from where the light is coming from.

I quietly pick up my pace and hide behind a large tree when I'm close enough to see what is going on. The bright light that I saw turns out to just be a flashlight. I squint my eyes, letting the adjust to the new brightness by two guys digging into a hole- oh my god. That's Scott and Stiles. What the hell are they doing out here? I look around the area around them and spot a large, two story, burned down house.

"I have a plan for that." Stiles answers.

Scott throws out a pile of dirt on his shovel on to the mound of dirt next to them. "Which is?"

My thoughts go back to earlier this evening at the hospital. They were saying that Derek buried a body, well, technically, half of a body. Are they really going to dig it up? Why can't they let the police do this?

Stiles stop digging to look up at Scott. "I run one way, you run the other, whoever he catches first, too bad."

"I hate that plan." Scott groans.

I blow hot air out of my nose in attempt to hide my laugh. Scott's head whips around, eyes narrowing at the woods surrounding them. I quickly cover my mouth with my hands, completely ducking behind the tree. Oh gosh. Does he know I'm out here?

"What? Did you hear something?" Stiles asks Scott. Scott hushes Stiles. "Is it Derek?"

I concentrate on not making any noise with my back pressed against the hard tree. If they find out I'm here, I'm screwed.

"No. I thought I heard- never mind. I think I'm just paranoid that Derek is going to come back. Let's keep digging."

I keep my hand to my mouth, just in case. I slowly peek around the tree and mentally sigh when I see they have returned back to the hole. Lowering my hand from my mouth, I rest both of them on the tree bark. A loud thud comes from the hole and the guys stare at each other. Did they find it? They duck down in the hole where I can no longer see them.