Birthday Party

Fawad POV

It's been a month since we had returned from Maldives. Time pass so fast and no matter what, we had to move on, so did I. But our relationship is still the same, I don't know is that because of me? Or we both don't want it to happen?

We both talk to each other but there is still awkwardness. I know, we both have become friends, but still there is something which is just not letting me free. I know, I'm not giving her all the rights which surely any wife will want. It's not because, I don't trust her...it's just that I can't let it all happen again.

Not after what has already happened with me before. But somehow or the other my heart starts going crazy whenever it sees Seher. She surely is a very strong girl...after losing everything, she still keep her head high and walk with pride as if nothing has ever happened with her. How can be someone that patient??? My cell started ringing...

"Hello"

"Assalamualaikum" Seher greeted cheerfully.

"Walekasalam...missing me??" I teased.

"What?? No!!" She was shocked.

"Oh Com'on, you don't have to feel shy, atleast not from me" I teased again.

"Yup, I shouldn't be feeling shy from you. Well, you know I'm enjoying your smell" she said fluently and I choked on my own saliva.

"What????" I yelled.

"Yes, I just love your smell and I'm kind of missing it." She said. "Btw which attar do you use??" She asked.

"Are you crazy???" I asked looking around to make sure that no one was hearing.

"Yes, for your smell, I..I mean for your attar" she said.

"Do you even know what are you saying??" I asked.

"Yes, I'm talking to my husband. Isn't it??" She mocked.

"Of course it is." I replied a bit possessively. To which she laughed, her laugh is just so pure and innocent.  "What happen now??"

"You actually fell for that" she said in between of her laughing session.

"What do you mean???"

"My dear husband, I meant.....I was only teasing you like you were doing!!" She spoke softly.

"Pleasure's all mine Mrs.Khan" I said and I could hear a sharp intake of her breath. Now it was my turn to laugh...

"Ha ha ha...very funny" she said.

"Isn't that obvious???" I said

"Listen...forget about all this. You do remember that today's Maha's birthday and as well as a family get together also?" She asked.

"Yes, I very well do remember" I said.

"Then be back home on time. Don't be late" she said

"Okayy...anything else?" I asked.

"Umm..yesss" she said

"What??"

"Be ready to answer to all your acquaintances and Dad, who all are now sitting in the conference room, waiting for you to keep the call...and they must be staring at you now. All the best" She said each and every word slowly and carefully and started laughing.

Damn damn!! How can I forget that I was in a meeting and this call wasn't suppose to be this long... But how did she knew about this meeting?? I was about to asked when I heard a beep tone, she had already hang up. How would I look up now?? They all must have clearly listened to our conversation...this is so so embarrassing.

I cleared my throat "So where were we??" I said and looked up to find six pairs of eyes staring at me and on top of that Dad was full on smirking. Seher...not gonna leave you!!!

______________________

After finishing my work, I drove back to home, planning all possible ways to make her embarrass. I quickly parked my car and walked inside the house.

"Assalamualaikum" Aapu said coming forward.

"Walekumasalam...how are you and your army???" I teased her and she playfully smacked me on my head.

"Allahamdulilah...get ready fast" she said and I nodded. And walked towards my room. Now you see, what I'll do...I opened the door of my room and was shocked. There she was standing near her dresser, brushing her long straight wavy hair, looking so damn beautiful in that Sky Blue dress. She cleared her throat and looked everywhere else but not me.

And that's when I realized that I was so lost staring at her, that I didn't even knew, she turned. But it was a sight to see!!! You have gone mad...my mind answered.

"Assalamualaikum, you go and get freshen up, your clothes are already ready." She said

"Walekumasalam..yeah, I'll just go and freshen up" I said walking towards the washroom, all plans of embarrassing her going out of the window. I quickly got freshen up and wore my clothes, brushed my hair.

"Hey...Look look whose here..." Yunus said coming forwards smiling devilishly.

"Hey bro" I said and did a fist pump.

"Hey everyone" Shabbir said joining us.

"Hey...where were you all from these days?? Do we really need to have Maha's birthday or family reunion just to have you both here and everyone else??" I asked glaring at both of them.

"Okay okay...calm down" Yunus said patting my shoulder.

"Last time" I said

"Okay Com'on everyone, birthday girl is here" Aapu shouted. And we all look towards Maha who just walked out of the kitchen covered in sweat, flour, all dirty and messed up. We all started laughing.

She was now looking at all of us with a horrified expression. And then she gave us all her very famous death glare

"I hate you all, it's my birthday and you all are insulting me only??" She asked

"Well technically, Maryam insulted you, we were busy catching up!!" Yunus said giving her a sarcastic smile. Which made her more angry.

"No food for you" she said and went to back to her room while we again started laughing and chatting around. After a while we all were sitting and eating when the doorbell rang. I went to open the door.

"Khala??? (Aunty)" I got the biggest shock of my life.

Assalamualaikum. How are you all?? Keep voting and commenting guys....Love you all.

And Hafsa if you're reading then let me tell you this is what I did after I removed my Henna.